Opinion of the Communist Party USA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:34:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the Communist Party USA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of the Communist Party USA
Freedom Party

Horrible Party

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Opinion of the Communist Party USA  (Read 2163 times)
aross
Rookie
United Kingdom

« on: August 21, 2016, 06:52:50 PM »

Even crazier is the fact they still do the annual meet-up with all the other "Communist of..." parties. I can only imagine how surreal the meetings must be, with the delegations of the dwindling People's Republics bumping with various of-shots of people too Stalinist to stomach joining NewLeft organisations.
I like to imagine the Chinese use assignment to their delegation to it as a sort of equivalent to being made manager of a small tractor factory in Eastern Kazakhstan.
aross
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 02:01:27 AM »

Do such meet ups mean anything though? If they're anything like those international affiliations of social democratic, liberal or conservative parties, then they're just useless talking shops who hold some annual convention, pass a bunch of meaningless resolutions that say "hey guys aren't our platforms the best? Yeah, we are so awesome!" and then adjourn and do nothing for a whole year.

Also I wouldn't call them as sold as the South African Communist Party. At least they support the party closer to their interests. The ANC went full neoliberal under Mbeki and is now effectively more anti-union than Scott Walker.

The SI used to be pretty active and did a lot of good work on détente and Israel-Palestine back in the day, having someone important and well-connected like Brandt in charge helped. They've rather faded since (joke leadership, lack of interest from the Europeans leading to dominance by the various dodgy Third World parties) and that weird Progressive (ugh) Alliance thing was, predictably, dead virtually from the start. I think the Liberal International still does a fair bit actually, particularly for parties just starting up.

I guess the main use of the far-left ones these days is as a useful shorthand for identifying the various sects. As for the parties themselves, well, Comrade Leader and his acolytes need a holiday every so often too and you might as well use those newspaper profits for something.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies