Worst U.S. state to live in (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 10:17:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Worst U.S. state to live in (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Worst U.S. state to live in  (Read 2986 times)
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« on: April 30, 2019, 07:13:19 PM »
« edited: May 28, 2019, 07:06:28 PM by Donborvio »

New York, hands down. Changing my mind: Illinois. Chicago is worse than NYC with crime, laws and welfare babies.  NYC at least has some things going for it.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 03:54:59 PM »

I don't think that states are a good measure of where to live because they are generally so diverse in terms of locales. Texas simultaneously has places like Austin and loving County. Illinois has Chicago in East Saint Louis + a bunch of near Appalachian downstate nowheresvilles. Even Utah has a huge difference between desert retirement homes Lake St George vs vibrant big cities like Salt Lake. Oregon sound awesome because of Portland and Eugene? Try living in some fading Timbertown near the Idaho border.

While there are a few states that border on being universally bad like Alabama and Mississippi, as long as I could live in some University neighborhoods of a big city or college town, that probably wouldn't be so bad. Idaho might be bad, but I hear increasingly good things about Boise.

If I didn't know any better, I would think you would actually prefer ... East St. Louis ... over the plethora of Downstate cities like Rockford, Peoria, Bloomington, Springfield, Champaign, etc. Wink

I hope he moves to East St Louis and blogs it. Lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies