College Bound Atlasians? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:06:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  College Bound Atlasians? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: College Bound Atlasians?  (Read 3432 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: April 18, 2009, 01:14:04 AM »

*tear* my little kids are growing up so fast.

I'll be going to UC Berkeley.

omg PiT and I will be going to the same school for one semester.

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 01:55:36 AM »

Speaking of US Public Universities...which others are at the very top of the list?

UC-Berkley
UMichigan??
Virginia?

Mistake to include those two (I might be blurring law school lists here)?  Am I missing anyone else?

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHMB_enUS291US304&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=top+public+universities
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 08:13:17 PM »

I'll be going to UC Berkeley.

That's my number 1 school choice, but I live in Washington, so I can't afford it... why do I have to love a public out-of-state school?!

Isn't UDub (my apologies if calling it that is a sacrelige) a very good school in its own right?
Well, it may be, but Berkeley is perhaps the premier public school in the world.

Washington has a burgeoning physics department, though it is still a mere shadow of Berkeley's physics department.

Didn't you go to a small-ass private school?  It'll be quite a leap for you to go from 7 people in your classroom to 700.  Although physics classes are only ~200.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 01:28:36 AM »
« Edited: April 19, 2009, 01:32:40 AM by Lunar »

lol, if you say so.  I don't really see the big difference between 1 and 10.  Also, private schools with such ridiculously small class sizes tend to lavish attention upon you while in Berkeley you're presented with opportunities, but only if you independently pursue them.  No one really cares either way and no one holds your hand and gives you ideas.

One time I used to actually have classes back to back that were 7 people and 700 people respectively.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies