will the Roman Catholic Church 'accept LGBT' on/before August 15, 2067? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:12:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  will the Roman Catholic Church 'accept LGBT' on/before August 15, 2067? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question:  Todd Salzman and Michael Lawler
yes, fully: ordain openly gay and transgender bishops, perform gay and transgender marriages, strike references to LGBT being an practice as sinful from the Catechism

a qualified yes: homosexual relations will be accepted by the Church in some form or fashion, but will lack the full 'privileges' offered to heterosexual partnerships

no: the Church will hold strong and make little or no alteration to its current policies on LGBT

the Roman Catholic Church will split into two or more churches over this issue

other (explain)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: will the Roman Catholic Church 'accept LGBT' on/before August 15, 2067?  (Read 6906 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« on: April 06, 2015, 04:42:25 PM »

I doubt it. My denomination (PCA) will accept homosexual acts before the RCC does. Besides, why would they? The church outside the West is more conservative, and even in the West, liberals aren't exactly known for passing on the faith or tithing.

Not really--Latin America and the Philippines are for the most part more gay-tolerant than their non-Catholic neighbors. You're most certainly correct with regards to African Catholics, though.

As to the poll, I voted Option 2.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 11:17:43 PM »

I doubt it. My denomination (PCA) will accept homosexual acts before the RCC does. Besides, why would they? The church outside the West is more conservative, and even in the West, liberals aren't exactly known for passing on the faith or tithing.

Not really--Latin America and the Philippines are for the most part more gay-tolerant than their non-Catholic neighbors. You're most certainly correct with regards to African Catholics, though.

As to the poll, I voted Option 2.

What are Latin America's non-Catholic neighbours? America and Guyana?

I was thinking that plus the Anglophone Caribbean.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies