Office of ZuWo - Fresh start in the Pacific!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:00:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of ZuWo - Fresh start in the Pacific!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20
Author Topic: Office of ZuWo - Fresh start in the Pacific!  (Read 33690 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: July 21, 2013, 03:50:05 PM »

He was short of being registered a week before the election.

That's accurate. He and Space (who didn't vote in this election) are the only two new Mideasterners who weren't eligible to vote in this election due to the 7-day waiting period.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #226 on: July 22, 2013, 07:39:34 AM »

On the Bmotley case

This morning I was informed that Assemblyman Bmotley apparently created a sock account. Since creating sock accounts is an issue which first and foremost concerns the ToS of this forum, it's obviously up to the moderators to decide what's going to happen with Bmotley.

As long as no action is taken by the moderators I and the Lt. Governor still regard Bmotley as a sitting Assemblymember. Cathcon and I are going to appoint a successor for the remainder of Bmotley's term only if he is banned from the forum. Thus, I will have to wait for further directives from the moderators before I can act.

Regardless of the outcome of this case, I thank Bmotley for his service in the Assembly during this term.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #227 on: July 26, 2013, 12:02:13 AM »

Bmotley has been banned for 6 months
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #228 on: July 26, 2013, 12:18:57 AM »

The 2013 Budget (which starts here) has passed.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #229 on: July 26, 2013, 03:28:14 AM »

I am glad to sign the 2013 budget. Not only is there a considerable surplus of more than $14 billion but we also managed to cut the sales tax, which will be a boon for our economy in times of a recession.

ZuWo
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #230 on: July 26, 2013, 03:57:50 AM »

Vacancy in the Mideast Assembly

Bmotley has been banned for 6 months so his seat in the Mideast Assembly is now vacant. Mideast citizens who are interested in serving in his stead should contact me as soon as possible.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #231 on: July 26, 2013, 09:52:08 AM »

Bmotley has been banned for 6 months
Wow I just lost half a year! Tongue
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #232 on: July 26, 2013, 12:33:10 PM »

Bmotley has been banned for 6 months so his seat in the Mideast Assembly is now vacant. Mideast citizens who are interested in serving in his stead should contact me as soon as possible.

Three Mideasterners have already contacted me and said that they are interested in the job; that's great on the one hand because it shows that there are many Mideasterners who pay close attention to regional politics, which demonstrates that regionalism has a bright future in this game. On the other hand, it makes my choice very hard. Wink

More applications are still welcome, though I'd like to make an appointment within the next 48 hours.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #233 on: July 27, 2013, 08:53:43 AM »

Members of the newly elected Assembly, please don't forget that you must be sworn into office before you can exercise your powers!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #234 on: July 27, 2013, 04:22:28 PM »

Mideast Assembly: Appointment announced

Thank you to the three Mideasterners who have applied for the office of Mideast Assemblyman. It has been a tough choice but I have ultimately decided to appoint shua to the seat vacated by Bmotley. I wish him well in his old and new job! As for the other two guys whom I had to disappoint this time, you can rest assured that you will be very high on my list in case of another vacancy.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #235 on: July 27, 2013, 05:05:21 PM »

Thank you Governor!
Njall
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -5.91

« Reply #236 on: July 28, 2013, 11:13:50 AM »

Welcome back to the assembly, shua!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #237 on: July 28, 2013, 01:06:12 PM »

Congrats to ZuWo on making a wise choice like this and for shua on being returned to the assembly as he should've been reelected.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #238 on: July 29, 2013, 09:12:11 AM »

Congrats to ZuWo on making a wise choice like this and for shua on being returned to the assembly as he should've been reelected.

Thank you, JCL.

homely has released interesting regional figures following the conclusion of the the Senate special election. All results can be viewed in this thread:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=149059.775

The Mideast results are noteworthy in various ways. First of all, while Polnut won the race by a margin of nearly 10%, Maxwell carried the Mideast with 62.5% of the vote in the final round (20 votes to 12). Additionally, we had the highest turnout of all Atlasian regions: 64% of the region's citizens turned out to vote so our region contributed to 27.6% of the total voting population. Thanks to every Mideasterner who voted! Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #239 on: July 30, 2013, 03:42:52 PM »

I have introduced a constitutional amendment aimed at clarifying the way abstaining votes are to be treated in popular votes. The current wording of the constitution states that amendments are adopted when two-thirds of the people voting approve it, i.e. when two-thirds of the People voting vote "Aye". Thus, abstaining votes can be regarded as having the same effect as "Nay" votes, which I think should be changed. The full text of my proposed amendment can be found here:

Abstain votes aren't Nay votes

Article VI, Section 1, Clause 1 of the Mideast Constitution shall be amended to read:

The Governor, Lieutenant Governor, the Assembly, or a group of at least 25% of the registered voters in the Mideast shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of this Constitution when ratified by a two-thirds majority of the People voting; abstaining votes shall be omitted from the count.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #240 on: July 31, 2013, 07:21:43 AM »

After having had a discussion with a fellow Mideast citizen I have decided to introduce the following constitutional amendment:

I introduce the following constitutional amendment, which is based on an idea by a Mideast citizen (it's a blend of the Northeast Amendment to the Vacancy Filling Act and my own considerations):

Mideast Assembly Vacancy Act

Article III, Section 1, Clause 6 of the Mideast Constitution shall be amended to read:

1. In the case of a vacancy in the Mideast Assembly, a special election shall be held to elect a new member of the Assembly.

2. The special election must take place within 9 days following the vacancy. The voting booth shall open at 0001 Eastern Standard Time on a Friday and close exactly 72 hours later. The election shall be administered by the Governor.

3. In order to be a candidate on the ballot, a candidate must declare their candidacy on the Candidate Declaration Thread at least 24 hours prior to the commencement of the election.

4. Any candidate who receives write-in votes must confirm that he or she is willing to assume the vacancy by publicly declaring a willingness to receive write-in votes at least 24 hours before the commencement of the election in the Candidate Declaration Thread. Otherwise, those write-in votes shall be deemed void.

I am not completely sold on the idea of special elections in case of vacancy in the Assembly because appointing members to the Assembly is one of the Governor's core responsibilities but I want to initiate a debate in the Assembly.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #241 on: July 31, 2013, 09:44:29 PM »

I have introduced a constitutional amendment aimed at clarifying the way abstaining votes are to be treated in popular votes. The current wording of the constitution states that amendments are adopted when two-thirds of the people voting approve it, i.e. when two-thirds of the People voting vote "Aye". Thus, abstaining votes can be regarded as having the same effect as "Nay" votes, which I think should be changed. The full text of my proposed amendment can be found here:

Abstain votes aren't Nay votes

Article VI, Section 1, Clause 1 of the Mideast Constitution shall be amended to read:

The Governor, Lieutenant Governor, the Assembly, or a group of at least 25% of the registered voters in the Mideast shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of this Constitution when ratified by a two-thirds majority of the People voting; abstaining votes shall be omitted from the count.

I would like the thank the governor for taking up this amendment and encourage the Assembly and Mideastern citizens to support it. It has always been a strange quirk of our voting system to count Abstaining on a measure the same way a nay vote would count. Many voters are confused and unaware about this system and it's time to correct it.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #242 on: August 03, 2013, 04:28:32 PM »

The Regional Executives Stimulus Meeting

I have been invited by SoIA Superique to participate in the Regional Executives Stimulus Meeting. In short, the regional executives of the individual regions can make suggestions to the SoIA about where federal stimulus money should be spent to boost the Atlasian economy, which, as is well-known by now, has been in a recession since attempts have been made to dissolve the Pacific Region.

A total sum of $25 billion shall be allocated between the Mideast, Northeast and Midwest. I support a relatively even distribution of this sum among the three regions so I expect the Mideast to receive roughly $9 billion. My initial idea has been to spend this money on the "Mideast High Speed Rail Act", our biggest infrastructure project at the moment, but I encourage the citizens of the Mideast to contact me if they have other suggestions. 

Governor ZuWo
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #243 on: August 03, 2013, 04:30:51 PM »

Smart plan!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #244 on: August 03, 2013, 04:33:51 PM »

Well, I hope so. Wink
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #245 on: August 03, 2013, 06:10:45 PM »

I'd have to agree with tmth because this is a needed infrastructure improvement we in the Mideast need.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #246 on: August 06, 2013, 11:34:28 AM »

Leave of Absence

I am going to be in Spain from Sunday, August 11 to Sunday, August 18 with no or only very sporadic internet access.

Upon my return I am going to announce whether I will run for re-election as Mideast Governor. An Atlasia-free week is the perfect opportunity to make such a decision. Smiley
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #247 on: August 07, 2013, 01:02:46 AM »

The following amendment has passed:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #248 on: August 08, 2013, 11:48:09 AM »

Attention Mideasterners,

voting on the "Abstain votes aren't Nay votes amendment" is now open.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=177475.0
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #249 on: August 11, 2013, 02:28:31 AM »
« Edited: August 11, 2013, 05:43:54 AM by ZuWo »

I'm off to Spain now. For any urgent questions, compaints etc. within the next seven days please refer to Lt. Governor Cathcon.

Hasta luego! (That should lock up the Latino vote)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies