2018 GE PRECINCT RESULTS Posted by State Election Offices (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 09:52:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2018 GE PRECINCT RESULTS Posted by State Election Offices (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2018 GE PRECINCT RESULTS Posted by State Election Offices  (Read 44420 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: November 22, 2018, 01:11:30 AM »

Georgia: https://results.enr.clarityelections.com/GA/91639/Web02-state.221451/#/access-to-races

Unfortunately, the newest version of the elections website they rolled out this year is inferior to the previous version. I could be missing the option, but as of now, you have to download precinct data county by county via clicking on one and then downloading the XLS file for each; only county-level data can be downloaded statewide.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 03:00:38 AM »

Georgia: https://results.enr.clarityelections.com/GA/91639/Web02-state.221451/#/access-to-races

Unfortunately, the newest version of the elections website they rolled out this year is inferior to the previous version. I could be missing the option, but as of now, you have to download precinct data county by county via clicking on one and then downloading the XLS file for each; only county-level data can be downloaded statewide.

So GA SoS will publish a comprehensive precinct level data-set?  

Awesome--- figured I missed a few States here and there, but this is a nice addition!!!!

Yes - even now, you can download precinct-by-precinct certified results for all offices (statewide and local). The only issue is that you can only fetch them one county at a time, unless I'm overlooking an option with this new interface.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 10:29:11 PM »

Demographic turnout data (race, age, gender), by precinct, county and congressional district for Georgia are now available.

http://sos.ga.gov/index.php/elections/general_election_turnout_by_demographics_november_2018_
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 11:05:07 PM »

Demographic turnout data (race, age, gender), by precinct, county and congressional district for Georgia are now available.

http://sos.ga.gov/index.php/elections/general_election_turnout_by_demographics_november_2018_

Wow--- Holy Cow!!!

So GA actually reports Demographic Turnout to the precinct level detail???

Question for you Fmr. Pres Griff:

1.) This appears to be well beyond the scope of the VRA reporting requirements, so I'm assuming GA is the only State that reports this data at this level of detail

(Or are there others you are aware of? )

2.) Is this GA State Statute that requires this extensive a level of reporting, or just something the GA SoS / Elections Dpt does as a Public Service / CYA when it comes to VRA compliance?

It's actually fascinating to see a Statewide Official Agency report this level of detail, although obviously the data is out there with VRA and all, but it would be a pain in the arse to obtain with all those fracking counties in GA one at a time....

I have no idea whether the reporting of the data is required by any statute. Precinct data by race and gender is available on the website for every general election, primary and runoff all the way back to 1996, though. They started including age a few cycles ago as well. The format is not great once you go back a few cycles (PDFs and the like), but nevertheless, it's available.

I don't think there are any other states that report with this level of detail. I'm thinking there's one other state that publicly releases its racial data by county at minimum, or maybe even by precinct (maybe LA?), but I'm not sure.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies