BREAKING: Multiple shot at Congressional baseball practice (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:58:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Multiple shot at Congressional baseball practice (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Multiple shot at Congressional baseball practice  (Read 4085 times)
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« on: June 14, 2017, 07:38:05 AM »

It's the Eugene Simpson Memorial Park 400 block of Monroe Ave. about 16 mins east of where I am right now at work.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 07:45:38 AM »

@Castro thanks, appreciate that
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 07:52:37 AM »

Any infos about the motives of the terrorist?

Apparently he asked if they were Reps or Dems before he shot, so apparently anti-Republican. Don't know if this claim is valid but it is being reported. Maybe he was leftist or anarchist, possibly a disgruntled vet if he was a middle aged guy with weapons training but that is just suspect profiling on my part. Will update if I hear more.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 07:53:48 AM »

CNN has Sen. Rand Paul on the line now live and he says he witnessed it.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 07:57:57 AM »

Rand Paul is saying if the CH Police weren't there it would have been a massacre. Great job CHP.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 08:09:58 AM »

This is horrible.

Also, a general suggestion to everyone: don't immediately play politics with something like this.  We don't know anything about the shooter.  He might be a leftist, or he might be an anarchist.  For all we know, he's a Trump voter.  But no matter what he is, it doesn't matter--this is wrong.

Any infos about the motives of the terrorist?

Apparently he asked if they were Reps or Dems before he shot, so apparently anti-Republican. Don't know if this claim is valid but it is being reported. Maybe he was leftist or anarchist, possibly a disgruntled vet if he was a middle aged guy with weapons training but that is just suspect profiling on my part. Will update if I hear more.

Even though we don't know the motive, people on the left preemptively making the disingenuous argument that anarchists aren't leftists.

I won't argue it one way or the other, they can be both sides of the spectrum. Let's try to focus on the topic and not go back and forth on the side issues.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies