what will the Southlake, TXs of the world look like in half a century? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:26:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  what will the Southlake, TXs of the world look like in half a century? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: what will the Southlake, TXs of the world look like in half a century?  (Read 1177 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« on: June 01, 2015, 11:42:24 PM »

Somewhere like Southlake is what I would call "ground zero" for the new rich as opposed to the old rich of Park Avenue, Holmby Hills etc. But East Manhattan and West LA were once new neighborhoods and were once "noveau riche" so what will the trajectory look like - will Southlake join the pantheon of "old money stomping grounds" and the noveau riche of the future will live (at least in the DFW area) around Lake Roberts or what not?
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 03:22:30 PM »

The growth in half a century will be much further out, since Tejas has more land than it knows what to do with. (CT is the size of one of their counties, so maybe I'm just jealous).

First Frisco will continue to become as big as Plano & Arlington (200,000-300,000), then its neighbor to the north, Prosper, will start to grow into a mega-suburb. 10 years later the cycle will continue with the next neighbor on the Tollway, Celina.

After that growth tsunami will reach Grayson County (unless this move back to the cities actually happens, I keep seeing articles about it but the population data shows little to no sign of it).

Other places that will be growing faster then include Wise & Parker Counties and the town of Forney.

The Tollway doesn't go that far, and that's what's restricting growth. Hwy 380 is still a bumpkin state highway with insufficient overpasses and way to much traffic. The Northwest side of the metroplex has the same problem. The funding deal for 114 fell through when Texas Motor Speedway was completed, which means Argyle, Justin, Northlake areas are still excluded from convenient DFW and Dallas access. They have to get through the mess in Roanoke.

Southlake will continue to develop, but stay mainly the same. I don't see it turning into an old money locale. It's perfect for DFW access, which means traveling executives, regional sales directors, public accounts, etc are happy to live there. Highland Park/University Park is the other option, but prices are prohibitive.

couldn't highway 289 theoretically become a tollway in the future?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies