Amy Klobuchar 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:35:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Amy Klobuchar 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amy Klobuchar 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 30850 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
« on: February 05, 2019, 11:26:27 PM »

In terms of electability she is the worst. She will lose to Trump by a huge margin because she is unelectable super low energy, is uninspiring & a charisma vacuum. Even Gabbard who is a terrible candidate may be better than her.

If people want a Corporate neoliberal female candidate, they might as well pick Kamala Harris who is way better than Klobuchar.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 02:20:52 AM »

In terms of electability she is the worst. She will lose to Trump by a huge margin because she is unelectable super low energy, is uninspiring & a charisma vacuum. Even Gabbard who is a terrible candidate may be better than her.

If people want a Corporate neoliberal female candidate, they might as well pick Kamala Harris who is way better than Klobuchar.

"Anybody but Bernie Sanders is unelectable because I SAY SO!"

Sanders is definitely the most electable easily. But Klobuchar is the worst. Harris will probably win who knows.

I am not going into policy issues with Klobuchar. I think she is a total failure because of how dull, uninspiring, boring & uncharismatic she is. Ben Carson is much more high energy than Klobuchar & Carson is super low energy. You can't have that type of candidates running for President.

Even if Beto is a bit of a neoliberals in terms of Wall street issues, he is much more charismatic as a candidate than Klobuchar.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 11:42:53 AM »

Welp, I'm in love, changing my signature in support of her candidacy. She has the charisma, very strong electability and midwestern charm, plus it seems she would be the candidate I would agree on most issues. The snow was just too populist for the beach snobs here it seems.

She is a neoliberal so-called centrist who opposes Universal healthcare (hasn't supported any form of it forget Medicare for all), Free College or most progressive measures. Her goal is to work with Republicans. Ideologically she is near Joe Biden than a Kamala Harris, forget Elizabeth Warren.

She is a charming lady & talented & all but she is not @ ideologically in tune with the Dem base
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 10:42:05 PM »

Prediction - If & when Klobuchar places 5th & below 15% in NH, she will drop out. You could see it today that she was literally begging on & on & seemed that she may break into tears while pleading for support. With Bloomberg coming & with Pete & Biden in, there is simply no space for her. Yang will also drop out after NH. You can feel it.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 10:13:44 PM »

Peaking too early is certainly not good, as many campaigns have seen, but peaking too late is no good either. It's too late for Klobuchar. Sorry, but it really, really is.

For one thing, she has not been vetted, and it's too late to vet her. She has a long career history from her time as a prosecutor, do you really think there are no skeletons there?

At this point Klobuchar is only serving as an extra column for the Bernie Sanders campaign. She is there to take votes from his opponents, Buttigieg, Biden and Warren. She might as well be on the Bernie Sanders payroll.

She is not going anywhere. And in your heart, you know this. Deep down, people know this. If she had a real shot, she would be getting a lot more criticism. She had more of a shot back in February than she does now, which is why the media knee-capped her with the comb story. But no one sees her as a real threat now, because she is not. Hence she will get a free pass and be able to look good but it is only because people know her window has closed.

Could the same not be said about Warren too ? She is 9% is the last NH poll. She won't make the viability of 15% to get delegates. She has got no chance in Nevada or South Carolina. She doesn't have the funds to compete nationally. In the CNN NH poll Gabbard is like 3% behind Warren which is nonsensical.

After NH her national polling numbers will also fall off a cliff. She hasn't attacked Biden @ all. Maybe she is on the Biden payroll given much more of her supporters go to Bernie than Biden?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 11:13:58 PM »

Klobuchar is now ahead of Warren in the Emerson NH Poll. Warren is 4th almost similar to Biden who is @ 5th.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2020, 12:46:30 PM »

“As a prosecutor, you have both aggressively prosecuted people of color as well as refused to prosecute officers who use excessive aggression against people of color,” a young man told her at a town hall hosted by the League of United Latin American Citizens and Telemundo. “My question is, how do you justify your actions in that, as well as how should people of color trust you to reform our justice system?”

On Tuesday, Klobuchar was pressed on ABC’s “The View” about her office’s questionable prosecution of black teenager in a high-profile case that was the subject of a recent Associated Press investigation. About the same time, video began circulating of a 2006 Senate debate in which Klobuchar called for a fence along the U.S.-Mexico border.

“I've heard some people say that, you know, my experience is not relevant because you have to have Washington experience in order to become a president,” Buttigieg said. “But some of those same voices are among those who voted to confirm Kevin McAleenan as the CBP head who presided over, for example, the horrifying conditions that children were kept in, and we have to look at what kind of judgment that experience has brought.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/14/amy-klobuchar-2020-election-115124
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2020, 10:00:23 PM »

Congrats. Klobuchar got 3% of the Black vote which is more then Pete who got 2%. Klobuchar showed despite lower money she has a higher ceiling than Pete.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies