Revitalize Atlasia: Duke for President exploratory committee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:02:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Revitalize Atlasia: Duke for President exploratory committee
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Revitalize Atlasia: Duke for President exploratory committee  (Read 1847 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 15, 2009, 06:54:11 PM »

Good evening,

I want to start off by saying that this decision came sort of abruptly, but in the words of former Governor and cultural phenomenon, KingoftheBenchPress, I need to see how much work I need to do.

It is no secret to many of us that Atlasia is dead or dying. Activity is at the lowest point I have seen it since becoming active about a year ago, and it bothers me. As many citizens have said, we keep electing the same people to office over and over again. The variety, quality and ideas of the candidates are becoming less and less diverse. We are seeing parties die out, folks de-registering, and others resisting invitations to join. These trends are not good for a game that has been going on now for the better of four years.

In the upcoming election, we have two choices. President bgwah, who has run a decent administration, but disregarded warnings from others on his Attorney General appointment  only to see it backfire, and longtime Senator and sparsely active AndrewCT. Mr. Andrew had a chance to really change the landscape of the election with his VP pick over the past week, but fell victim to the same poisons that are killing the game by choosing a former President and Senator for his VP; again, the same old, same old. How will that  energize anything? The same faces, same avatars, in the White House for another four years.

So, I want to start a dialogue with the people of Atasia. I want to hear from you, whether you like me or not, whether you are currently registered to vote or not, or whether you would consider voting for me or not. Atlasia is in bad shape, and I have a history of revitalizing dead regions and creating something fun for the game. Many of you may have concerns about me, and if so, I'd love for a chance to honestly answer these questions so we may better understand each other.

It's time, fellow Atlasians, to stand up for a new direction in this game. It may not be the status quo. It may not be with a guy with tons and tons of experience in the game, but it may be a good ride, a ride that would make this section of the forum worth visiting once again. I look forward to hearing from all of you as I look to see how this run may go.

Thank you all and God bless Atlasia....

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 06:58:32 PM »

Good evening,

I want to start off by saying that this decision came sort of abruptly, but in the words of former Governor and cultural phenomenon, KingoftheBenchPress, I need to see how much work I need to do.

It is no secret to many of us that Atlasia is dead or dying. Activity is at the lowest point I have seen it since becoming active about a year ago, and it bothers me. As many citizens have said, we keep electing the same people to office over and over again. The variety, quality and ideas of the candidates are becoming less and less diverse. We are seeing parties die out, folks de-registering, and others resisting invitations to join. These trends are not good for a game that has been going on now for the better of four years.

In the upcoming election, we have two choices. President bgwah, who has run a decent administration, but disregarded warnings from others on his Attorney General appointment  only to see it backfire, and longtime Senator and sparsely active AndrewCT. Mr. Andrew had a chance to really change the landscape of the election with his VP pick over the past week, but fell victim to the same poisons that are killing the game by choosing a former President and Senator for his VP; again, the same old, same old. How will that  energize anything? The same faces, same avatars, in the White House for another four years.

So, I want to start a dialogue with the people of Atasia. I want to hear from you, whether you like me or not, whether you are currently registered to vote or not, or whether you would consider voting for me or not. Atlasia is in bad shape, and I have a history of revitalizing dead regions and creating something fun for the game. Many of you may have concerns about me, and if so, I'd love for a chance to honestly answer these questions so we may better understand each other.

It's time, fellow Atlasians, to stand up for a new direction in this game. It may not be the status quo. It may not be with a guy with tons and tons of experience in the game, but it may be a good ride, a ride that would make this section of the forum worth visiting once again. I look forward to hearing from all of you as I look to see how this run may go.

What about DWTL he announced he is running. Two RPP candidates is not a good idea. I suggest you PM each other and decide who is and who isn't running.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 07:01:19 PM »

With all due respect to my RPP friend, I don't think this is anything more than a band-aid. I'm pleased to see competition (though my support is firmly for Andrew) but this is not going to solve the problem.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 07:02:08 PM »

What about DWTL he announced he is running. Two RPP candidates is not a good idea. I suggest you PM each other and decide who is and who isn't running.

Are there no primary elections to resolve things like these?
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 07:02:24 PM »

I think youy are a good guy. and you know what you believe in. I do agree with you about needing to make a change. A huge change. If you can help get us that change then i will cast my vote for you.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 07:07:21 PM »

Are there no primary elections to resolve things like these?

Nope there isn't. Plus DWTL and Duke fighting each other would be like Tim Kaine running against Obama. This is just a case of poor communication or some plan that I am not aware of right now.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 07:08:33 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is an exploratory committee. I have not announced anything about running. I want to hear from the people of Atlasia. If DWTL truly wants to run for President, I certainly think he is more than capable of changing the way Atlasia works. We need a change and that's why I'm forming this. I don't believe either reeelction bgwah or election Andrew will bring it. Don't get me wrong, Andrew is a great guy, but if we want a real change of direction, electing him isn't going to do it.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 07:09:28 PM »

Mr. Andrew had a chance to really change the landscape of the election with his VP pick over the past week, but fell victim to the same poisons that are killing the game by choosing a former President and Senator for his VP; again, the same old, same old.

I don't consider myself to be a 'poison' and I am becoming increasingly annoyed at the constant misrepresentation of what I stand for by the RPP. I have a track record for radical constitutional proposals and for working across partisan lines to draft these proposals. Unfortunately when push comes to shove the voters are unwilling to embrace them. That is a long standing problem.

That aside I welcome you to the race, if that is what you decide to do.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 07:12:29 PM »

Do I like you? Neutral.
Am I registered to vote? Yes.
Would I consider voting for you? That depends on your political views, the office that you currently hold (if any) and what offices you have held in the past.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 07:16:09 PM »

Out of curiosity, isn't the deadline a week before the election, and haven't we already passed that deadline?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 07:17:51 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2009, 07:19:23 PM by North Carolina Yankee »

Quote from: Restricted

This is an exploratory committee. I have not announced anything about running. I want to hear from the people of Atlasia. If DWTL truly wants to run for President, I certainly think he is more than capable of changing the way Atlasia works. We need a change and that's why I'm forming this. I don't believe either reeelction bgwah or election Andrew will bring it. Don't get me wrong, Andrew is a great guy, but if we want a real change of direction, electing him isn't going to do it.

Sorry for the mistake. Running just for the sake of competition is something I am not used to yet. I am very enthusiastic about your candidacy and if you decide to run you can count on my support.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 07:20:14 PM »

The fluff is good, and is always very nice in any political campaign. However, what would you do to change Atlasia? What concrete solutions do you propose?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 07:20:32 PM »

As far as I know this legislation is still in effect.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 07:21:36 PM »

Out of curiosity, isn't the deadline a week before the election, and haven't we already passed that deadline?

Fair point. It has.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 07:22:47 PM »

As far as I know this legislation is still in effect.

When is the election? Last time this issue came up I got screwed out of my vote cause nobody could tell me when to register by and the wiki was useless.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 07:23:36 PM »

According to our General Secretary it's the 21st.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 07:25:25 PM »

Good, hopefully my vote will count this time.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 07:28:20 PM »

I guess that holding a party convention is more important than ever now.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 07:29:17 PM »

When is the election? Last time this issue came up I got screwed out of my vote cause nobody could tell me when to register by and the wiki was useless.

To be fair, its all in the wiki if you read through it. Some public links to the legislation as 'orientation' probably wouldn't go a miss.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 07:57:19 PM »

OK, so the presidential election happens this month on the 21st. Any other information on the presidential election?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 08:02:33 PM »

OK, so the presidential election happens this month on the 21st. Any other information on the presidential election?

Read the other threads. It's not hard.

Oh, and I fear my question fell to the bottom with the new posts.

The fluff is good, and is always very nice in any political campaign. However, what would you do to change Atlasia? What concrete solutions do you propose?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 05:42:53 AM »

President bgwah, who has run a decent administration, but disregarded warnings from others on his Attorney General appointment  only to see it backfire

It was only a matter of time before Xahar found his way to the Senate. I was much more comfortable with him in a position where I could remove him from office whenever I wished for whatever reason. I'm not sure I would call that backfiring. Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 10:07:34 AM »

A question to the honourable Duke Raper of Rapington, Governor of the Southeast Region and number 12934#az3f on the Nyman DC Sex Offenders Register...

You have now been Governor of the Southeast for quite a while. And you've done nowt, despite being a pretty active poster here in most other respects. Shouldn't you learn how to do your own job properly before seeking a promotion?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies