Kosovo parliamentary elections (14 February 2021) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:26:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Kosovo parliamentary elections (14 February 2021) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kosovo parliamentary elections (14 February 2021)  (Read 1430 times)
Flyersfan232

« on: February 21, 2021, 05:32:39 PM »

Any of the indigenous ones from the Balkans, really.

I only picked up 2 words:   the constant asserting of "malaka" from the Greeks in every other sentence, and "kurva" from the Poles.

(I served in a multinational NATO command).   Good times, mang. 
Well, with "kurva" you have a key word from Slavic languages, it is definitely the same in Bosnian/Serbian/Croatian/Montenegrin and Slovene, as well as in Bulgarian and Macedonian (although spelled in cyrillic script ofc). I think the word is the same in Czech and Slovak too, but I'm not sure.
Albanian is not a Slavic language so I am not sure whether they use the same word, but I assume it could very much be understood.

Regarding the elections: LVV just fell short of an absolute majority (due to minority representatives), but as the diaspora vote hasn't been fully counted yet (afaik), it is not impossible that Albin Kurti could govern without a partner.

The elections were quite civil according to Balkan standards, the opposition parties have all conceded already.

Hungarian isn't a Slavic language either (not even Indo-European, in fact) but it does use "kurva", and some other Slavic swearwords as well. I imagine same would apply to Albanian, especially in Kosovo.

A bit more on topic: do the Serbian minority representative have an Albanian (Kosovar, whatever) party of choice they'd consider lesser evil?
The Serb List (basically a satellite party of Aleksandar Vučić's SNS) secured all 10 Serb minority seats this time and is relatively moderate when it comes to cooperation with other parties but LVV. After Kurti's first government collapsed, LDK, AAK, NISMA and the Serb List formed a coalition under which the Serbia-Kosovo-Israel deal was formalized. LVV is much more critical of Vučić, so obviously the Serb List is also in extreme opposition to LVV.

If I remember correctly, Kurti and interim President Vjosna Osmani (who's likely to become Kosovo's next President) held some rallies in Serb-dominated parts of Kosovo in January and received much hate by (alleged?) supporters of the Serb List, calling them out with some pretty bad slurs.
what is serbia making of this election?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies