MI-Mitchell: Stabenow +6 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:28:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MI-Mitchell: Stabenow +6 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-Mitchell: Stabenow +6  (Read 3364 times)
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« on: October 26, 2018, 10:17:49 PM »
« edited: October 26, 2018, 10:32:21 PM by SN2903 »

4 polls have it at least 7 or under in the last week. It's close to within the MOE right now. Also James will win Macomb County. Oakland Stabenow will likely win. This race will come down to Wayne County and how much of the black vote James can get as I think James will do fairly well in the western part of the state. This race will be closer than the MN or WI senate race. Michigan is turning into a more red state than Minnesota or Wisconsin.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 10:33:37 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2018, 10:36:41 PM by SN2903 »

4 polls have it at least 7 or under in the last week. It's close to within the MOI right now. Also James will win Macomb County. Oakland Stabenow will likely win. This race will come down to Wayne County and how much of the black vote James can get as I think James will do fairly well in the western part of the state. This race will be closer than the MN or WI senate race. Michigan is turning into a more red state than Minnesota or Wisconsin.

You're really bad at trolling.

Even this poll shows Stabenow is getting 82% of the black vote.
The African-American community is turning against the democratic party. They are realizing it's  bunch of yuppie limousine liberals who care nothing about them. Trump is getting them jobs. Democrats only care about gay marriage, global warming and standing up for illegal immigrants. They have no platform other than a far left ideology and identity politics. The democrats used to be for the working class and focused on economics.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 10:47:04 PM »

I wasn't saying that you were, I was referring to a very specific poster. While James might be a better candidate, I don't think it's going to make that much of a difference. Maybe it means he loses by 8-9 instead of 12-13, but that's about it.

I just don’t think Stabenow is the political goddess people are making her out to be or that MI is a deep blue state again, it’s just that she got really lucky with the national environment this year. I’ll stick with my Likely D rating even if people think it’s ridiculous, and I am also a little more cautious than most other posters here, which is why I have ND/MS-Special/TN still all as Toss-ups (hardly Republican hack ratings, but whatever).
Stabenow is not liked here in Michigan. I agree that she is riding the anti-Trump wave and so is Whitmer but I still think they can lose. They are def both favored but I do think the last few weeks I have noticed a big increase in GOP enthusiasm. Despite what democrats say RALLIES MATTER. Having 5,000 people at a rally for a guy who was an unknown a few months ago is pretty impressive. James also now has 82 percent name ID in the state. I think there is a possibility that the polls are not picking up his true level of support. I am not buying that the democrat turnout will be big this year I think it will be more than normal but there's a lot of evidence that their enthusiasm has waned after Kavanaugh and with Trump's rising approval rating it has to be souring some democrats from wanting to participate.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 11:04:08 PM »

The latest poll has James winning with independents I believe and doing real well with 18-29. It is looking like James may have a better chance than Schuette.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 11:13:29 PM »

You are truly delusional if you think Kavanaugh helped the democrats. Even MSNBC is saying the GOP got a big boost from it. Americans like winners and democrats aren't winning anything lately. GOP is dominating all the political fights.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 09:19:43 AM »

You are truly delusional if you think Kavanaugh helped the democrats. Even MSNBC is saying the GOP got a big boost from it. Americans like winners and democrats aren't winning anything lately. GOP is dominating all the political fights.

Most polls since things have calmed down say that the Kavanaugh confirmation has energized Democrats more than Republicans.
Yeah, that's why a lot of Democrat leads have been whittled down in most polls, because Democrats were more energized than Republicans when it came down to Kavanaugh.
The enthusiasm gap is even. I do not get where these posters are getting their information. All the house polls I have seen have shown tightening since Kavanaugh..
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 08:22:18 AM »

The polls could be overinflating her support
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 05:07:32 PM »

Nope she will lose.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 11:32:51 AM »

This race is clearly tightening, but its probably too late.
we shall see I think James can still win but he needs Trump to come
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies