Grassley: "I would expect a resignation (SCOTUS) this summer." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:06:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grassley: "I would expect a resignation (SCOTUS) this summer." (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grassley: "I would expect a resignation (SCOTUS) this summer."  (Read 1995 times)
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« on: April 20, 2017, 07:49:39 PM »

Rumor has it it's Kennedy and Grassley said were looking at some "great women" for a replacement

Diane Sykes?

Too old. She's already 59. Republicans like to pick young justices, so Joan Larsen seems more likely? I figure a Midwestern woman would be a good pick for Trump.

As for Kennedy's replacement (should a vacancy occur), the administration apparently is considering Brett Kavanaugh or Raymond Kethledge, both of whom are former Kennedy clerks and substantially less moderate than Kennedy.

Given that Brett Kavanaugh is a protege of Kenneth Starr, was involved in drafting the Starr report, and was involved in investigating Vince Foster's suicide... just imagine how the Clintons would feel.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 02:38:18 AM »

Are we really taking this at face value?

I mean I'm usually pessimistic but come on. Grassley talks out of his ass all the time.

Sometimes retiring justices will tip off the Sen. Judiciary Committee chairman before time. But putting that aside, there have been plenty of swirling rumors of another retirement for months now.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 03:11:17 AM »

I don't know if I'd trust Chuck Grassley's knowledge of SCOTUS affairs.

Easy there, Senator Scott. Remember what happened the last time someone questioned Grassley's qualifications for the Judiciary Committee? Joni Ernst got elected.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies