Republican National Convention **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:26:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican National Convention **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**  (Read 101298 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 18, 2016, 08:47:22 AM »

Monday: “Make America Safe Again” (aka, Benghazi night)
Tuesday: “Make America Work Again”
Wednesday: “Make America First Again”
Thursday: “Make America One Again”

What happened to the day the theme name was suppose to be ..... 'Make America WHITE Again" ?
With guest speaker : David Duke.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 07:15:18 PM »

Who's the big speech tonight? Melania?

I'm hoping for the Duck Dynasty guy to say something funny, so I guess there's that too.

Great !
Let's add more bigotry to the trump campaign with Duck Dynasty.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 07:16:30 PM »

Are you guy's kidding ?
Are they really ?
LOL.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 07:23:34 PM »

I wonder if this guy will support Trump in his "I like the ones who weren't shot down" position.

Who do you mean when you say "this guy" ?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 08:00:25 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 08:02:28 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Regarding Patricia Smith, I'm sorry for her loss, but I'm not sorry for her. She's exploited her own son's death for political gain, which isn't something that can be easily forgiven.

The Republican Party and trump have exploited the son's death of this woman, for political gain.
trump and Seriously act like they are so torn-up, but really this death is just cannon fodder to them. It provides for a "good story" and that is all they care about.
Very sad.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 08:13:43 PM »

Another nutty woman.
She talks so seriously about losing a loved one to an illegal immigrant, and almost starts to cry.
And then she destroys her entire story, by first saying "Crooked Hillary," then praising trump as her savior, and then chanting "USA, USA" over and over again.
She went from feeling terrible about her loss, and one minute later was smiling and practically jumping up and down.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 08:15:09 PM »

Why are all the delegates white ?
I keep looking at camera angles when they focus on them, and all I see is "white people" ?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 08:16:48 PM »

This entire day has been such a turnoff for any reasonably educated and decent Republican ....

Yes.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 08:22:00 PM »

I guess some people are scared of the truth.

Including the multiple Republican posters (Inks, outofbox6, Brown Line) that are saying tonight is disturbing?

But of course Seriously and Ljube don't believe that there are Pubs who disagree with trump.
They are imaginary, a mirage .... and if their are "some" .... they will all "fall into line" come November.
Give me a break.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 08:30:18 PM »

Hopefully this convention helps Americans realize the stakes of this election. This party is unhinged.

And your party is about to nominate a criminal

No charges were ever given to her, unlike your nominee who is on trial for fraud.

Trump is not "on trial for fraud." It's a civil suit, not a criminal one.

Yes, and the courts and law say that the case against trump is valid and should at least move to the next step in the process.
Hillary has no civil (or criminal) suit.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 08:36:24 PM »

I don't believe I've actually used this word yet during the 2016, but this is just fascism. Plain and simple.

It's scary. The crowd is scary. The words people are saying are scary.

All I've heard is basically a thin defense of why we should deliberately ignore the words of black people and, in fact, push back. What is this disgusting bullsh-t that America has become?

Well to be fair, it's not all of "America."
It's trump and his brown shirts.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 09:17:56 PM »

Oh piss off. She still lost her son.

No what pisses me off, is not that she is emotional regarding the death of her son in Libya.

What *does* piss me off is that the RNC in an attempt to "slime" Hillary Clinton regarding Libya/Benghazi that there appears to be a completely blind eye when it comes to the death of Americans in Iraq.

I lost a good friend in Iraq, assigned to the Oregon National Guard, who died in combat outside of Taji/Camp Cooke at the hands of a roadside bomb and decisions made by the Bush Administration, not only to go into Iraq, but additionally to use "stop-loss" and not provide uparmored Humvees...

It sickens me that the RNC decided to use this mother's grief to make political points against Hillary Clinton, while not even addressing the real grief that families and friends of those who have fallen in Iraq in order to try to score cheap political points.

If anyone is interested, here is a tribute to my friend from Corvallis/Albany who served his country and died in Iraq, despite his personal reservations about the merits of the mission.

http://thefallen.militarytimes.com/army-spc-eric-s-mckinley/263041

So none of the "chicken-hawks" out there even felt a need to respond to my post, let alone Atlas "Liberal Democrats"....

Sad day for America and the forum when we have multiple pages of discussion regarding a grieving mother who lost a child in Libya, but no interest or even comments regarding the loss of my friend in Iraq.

I tried to answer, but I keep getting knocked-out of the site, or the site keeps locking-up (very busy time).
I wanted to say "sorry for your loss."
But don't feel that people are intentionally ignoring your post, it's just that there are so many posts, that one post after another, gets buried very quickly.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2016, 09:21:46 PM »

A little bit ? !
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2016, 09:31:28 PM »

She speaks with an accent and sounds like an "immigrant."
Why is this Republican arena clapping for Melania ?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 09:39:20 PM »

Red and faux "Independent"/Blue avatars do not understand: Republicans are NOT anti-immigrant. We are anti-ILLEGAL immigrant. Can you understand the difference?

And trump also believes that an American citizen born in Indiana, but with "Hispanic Heritage" can not do their job in this nation, properly.
Must be that the judge's skin must have been just slightly "darker" than Melania's.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2016, 09:44:14 PM »

Did you see that ? ..... just before the CBS camera went live with a short interview with Christie on the delegate floor (after Melania's speech), Christie hid his Big-Mac behind his back, as he spoke with the interviewer.
No seriously ..... no lies involved with this act !
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2016, 09:45:52 PM »

Red and faux "Independent"/Blue avatars do not understand: Republicans are NOT anti-immigrant. We are anti-ILLEGAL immigrant. Can you understand the difference?

And trump also believes that an American citizen born in Indiana, but with "Hispanic Heritage" can not do their job in this nation, properly.
Must be that the judge's skin must have been just slightly "darker" than Melania's.

People have real world biases.

And "some people" have real world racism and bigotry within them.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 10:17:14 PM »

No what pisses me off, is not that she is emotional regarding the death of her son in Libya.

What *does* piss me off is that the RNC in an attempt to "slime" Hillary Clinton regarding Libya/Benghazi that there appears to be a completely blind eye when it comes to the death of Americans in Iraq.

I lost a good friend in Iraq, assigned to the Oregon National Guard, who died in combat outside of Taji/Camp Cooke at the hands of a roadside bomb and decisions made by the Bush Administration, not only to go into Iraq, but additionally to use "stop-loss" and not provide uparmored Humvees...

It sickens me that the RNC decided to use this mother's grief to make political points against Hillary Clinton, while not even addressing the real grief that families and friends of those who have fallen in Iraq in order to try to score cheap political points.

If anyone is interested, here is a tribute to my friend from Corvallis/Albany who served his country and died in Iraq, despite his personal reservations about the merits of the mission.

So none of the "chicken-hawks" out there even felt a need to respond to my post, let alone Atlas "Liberal Democrats"....

Sad day for America and the forum when we have multiple pages of discussion regarding a grieving mother who lost a child in Libya, but no interest or even comments regarding the loss of my friend in Iraq.

I tried to answer, but I keep getting knocked-out of the site, or the site keeps locking-up (very busy time).
But don't feel that people are intentionally ignoring your post, it's just that there are so many posts, that one post after another, gets buried very quickly.

Thank You, Proud Moderate..... very much appreciate your kind comments and response.

My one and only issue is the hypocrisy when it comes to the way in which certain political parties frame military service and patriotism, whereby certain stories are forgotten in two of the largest wars in recent American history ( Iraq & Afghanistan), but yet one political party brings out a grieving mother, while neglecting so many other grieving military families over these past 15 years.

There used to be a time of decency and respect where those that died in the service of our country (Mission right or wrong) were all viewed as heroes and not used as political pawns.

Although I am not from a military family, have four Vietnam era friends, my son-in-law as USMC based out of Camp Pendleton was two weeks away from being deployed to Afghanistan in 2010, but the vaccine injection sent him to the ER into a coma, and he is now on permanent disability as a result.

Reality is that those of military friends and families do need to stick together, and it makes me sick to my stomach when I hear politicians (Of both political parties) claim that they speak and represent how enlisted men and women actually think.

Hopefully, the DNC will actually tell a better story that provides greater honor and respect for those that have served and died in the wars overseas over the past 16 years....

It's because the Democratic Party always attacks the military families and the military in general. ...there's a reason why people view the GOP as "strong on defense".

Oh you are so full of malarkey.
It was trump who has no respect for former troops that have been "captured" (like McCain).
turmp's direct words, not mine.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 10:39:31 PM »

Thank You, Proud Moderate..... very much appreciate your kind comments and response.

My one and only issue is the hypocrisy when it comes to the way in which certain political parties frame military service and patriotism, whereby certain stories are forgotten in two of the largest wars in recent American history ( Iraq & Afghanistan), but yet one political party brings out a grieving mother, while neglecting so many other grieving military families over these past 15 years.

There used to be a time of decency and respect where those that died in the service of our country (Mission right or wrong) were all viewed as heroes and not used as political pawns.

Although I am not from a military family, have four Vietnam era friends, my son-in-law as USMC based out of Camp Pendleton was two weeks away from being deployed to Afghanistan in 2010, but the vaccine injection sent him to the ER into a coma, and he is now on permanent disability as a result.

Reality is that those of military friends and families do need to stick together, and it makes me sick to my stomach when I hear politicians (Of both political parties) claim that they speak and represent how enlisted men and women actually think.

Hopefully, the DNC will actually tell a better story that provides greater honor and respect for those that have served and died in the wars overseas over the past 16 years....

It's because the Democratic Party always attacks the military families and the military in general. ...there's a reason why people view the GOP as "strong on defense".

Oh you are so full of malarkey.
It was trump who has no respect for former troops that have been "captured" (like McCain).
turmp's direct words, not mine.

I'm not a Republican, by the way. I'm a Independent. The Democratic Party next week will have to show the nation that they care about our veterans, our military, and even law enforcement. Right now, they don't, with the comments of President Obama, Ash Carter, and even Hillary Clinton.

The Republican convention is this week. And trump will "need to show the nation that he cares and respects ALL veterans," and not just those that were not captured.
Just because a brave soldier and veteran of our great nation was captured by our enemy, does not make him less of a soldier or less honorable. trump's words were disgusting !
The only thing I have seen trump do for veterans, is to "use" them as an excuse (charity event) to worm-himself-out from speaking in a debate. And I wouldn't doubt if he uses this same ploy again, in one or more of the official debates put on by The Commission on Presidential Debates.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2016, 10:41:34 PM »

My god, this guy's voice is higher than mine.

LMAO.
I don't even know who you are/were talking about, but it is by far the funniest comment in this entire thread.
You win the award !
8-)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 10:55:41 PM »

Stepping in to defend the more moderate Republicans on this site: there are large differences in the beliefs of Dems and Repubs. Off the top of my head: tax reform, the roll of government, school vouchers come to mind (not to mention moral questions like abortion or drug use). Just 'cause Mr. Orange decided to take over the Republican Party doesn't mean that the entire party has shifted. Many of the more local races have more traditional Republicans running and I'm sure that more moderate Republicans will win the presidency in the future. Like we all know, major shifts do not take place immediately (ie: party registration in West Virginia or Oklahoma), so if this is the end of the era we wont see it immediately.

I also understand the choice to vote for Donald Trump. Not because of him, but because of things like the Supreme Court and the laws that actually pass. If the Obama Administration has shown us anything, it's that the House and Senate are excellent at blocking and fighting things they do not like. Trump would be forced to follow them rather than the other way around.

So, what I'm basically saying is, if you don't want to leave the party, don't (at least not until you see what kind of candidates come out for the midterms). I, personally, enjoy having an alternate point of view seeing as how I live most of my life in a political bubble and have to make a point of seaking out other opinions.

Well said.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 11:16:39 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 11:22:37 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Sorry, Negusa Nagast, your red roots are showing. A "blue" avatar defending Hillary! Yeah.. I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. Republicans don't spout DNC talking points.

What's with your incessant avatar class warfare? All "red avatars" are hacks, "green avatars" are faux independents, and "blue avatars" that might not be hacks are treasonous and not actually Republicans. I don't think I've seen anyone on this forum care as much as you do about the color of the state they choose.

Even more comically, probably about 1/2 of the "blue" avatars are not voting Republican, while in reality, 85-95% of all Rs will pull the lever for the Republican nominee, historically.

Well, be prepared for a "reality" check this year, when a large portion of Republicans will NOT pull the lever for trump.
They will probably pull the lever for other down-ballot Pubs in their district/state, but not for the orange-haired clown.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2016, 07:50:44 PM »

Wow people cheering government-lead scientific discovery at the RNC. I'm shocked.

Are the Pubs finally agreeing to human activity being a major cause of climate change (global warming) ?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2016, 09:55:12 PM »

Is it just me, or is trump talking sentence after words after more sentences of nothing but fear.
Disgusting.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2016, 10:12:20 PM »

Trump sounds so low-energy when he says "USA."

Yes, he sounds so silly when he goes to his low-energy "USA, USA ,USA" chant.
LOL.
What a fool.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies