Rate this 2036 map. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:40:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Rate this 2036 map. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rate this 2036 map.  (Read 2106 times)
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« on: January 10, 2020, 08:24:07 AM »
« edited: January 10, 2020, 08:27:58 AM by Okthisisnotepic. »

What I think the map could look like in 2032-2040.

Edit: I'd change PA back to lean, not likely.  You could interchange OR and IL.  Genuinely unsure about Florida.

Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 12:00:25 PM »

Interesting that Republicans made significant inroads in NJ, VT, RI, PA and CT but NY and MA still remain Safe D. Also what happened that caused WA and OR to trend R, and AL, MS, LA, SC to trend D?

the GOP has already reached it's ceiling with rural whites in the old south, and soon the Boomer gen will begin dying off.  Mississippi is majority-minority, so I predict it will be the first southern "safe R" state to flip, and it's feasible it happens before 2040.  South Carolina will also trend that way in several years (lean R on my map), and I could see LA and AL go to a sub-15 point margin. Appalachia OTOH still has decades of GOP dominance left, IMO.

I think New York and Mass. are too big and urban for the GOP to make any serious inroads, but states that are shrinking like Connecticut and Rhode Island are easier targets.  If NJ declines, I could see the GOP making inroads there as well as Illinois, but not for another 10-15 years at a minimum.  The GOP will also look differently than it does now, it has to to survive.

And I'm surprised no one mentioned Vermont.  The state is fairly poor with a wide wealth gap, extremely white and very rural- it's a ticking time bomb, and I'd put money that it will trend far right in the next 10-15 years.

Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 06:42:50 AM »

something to remember...."whiteness" in america is malleable and everchanging.

By 2036, I think many Hispanics, especially later generations whose parents and even grandparents were born in america, will consider themselves white.

it will follow a smilar trajectory of italians and eastern/southern europeans. these groups off the boat were NOT considered "white" for many years. Now, people of italian, polish, balkan, etc descent are considered in the same group as a WASP.

That, plus intermarriage.  I don't think the country will "look" all that different by 2040 unless immigration increases radically.

It's already the "white party," but I genuinely believe that Northern whites aren't such a cheap date as their Southern counterparts. It's going to have to be more sophisticated than WHITE POWER! — i.e., the GOP will actually have to deliver for working-class whites on the economic front.

That's why I'm hoping the GOP makes inroads to take more pro-worker populist positions, which if timed right with the right messaging could corner the Ds as a party of Wall st, pro-China corporations and the managerial/consultant class.

Sometime (most likely 2024, no later than 2028) the GOP will suffer a devastating electoral loss, and introspection will have to happen to compete at the national level. 

The Nevertrump Rs like to spin a fairy tale about how the party was doing amazing and had a bright future before Trump and the GOP's abysmal numbers with voters born after 1980 happened overnight.  That's a lie, the GOP has been a toxic brand for a long time, and if the party can't figure out how to appeal to voters born after 1980, they're screwed.  Trump just bought them a few years.

It stuns me how few bigwigs in the party understands this...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies