Greta gets roasted by DB (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 02:23:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Greta gets roasted by DB (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Greta gets roasted by DB  (Read 1587 times)
Omega21

« on: December 15, 2019, 08:26:26 AM »

So, another day, another story about how a 16yr old took a train through Europe (I know, huge shocker, like none of us ever take public transport.).

The poor girl whose childhood was stolen had to sit on the floor as it was so crowded, so she made sure to document it.

Well, that poor child sitting on the floor forgot the internet works both ways.

I just love it! Enjoy 1st class, and online pretend you're stuck on the floor as the rest of the poor people.

Omega21

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 04:02:28 PM »

Also interesting how the Right constantly attacks this young girl with a mental disability, just because they are unwilling to deal with the issue at hand and continue their war against the environment ...

I'm pro-environment, it's just that I think we should suggest plausible solutions, not just talk about how we need to stop reproducing or burning fuel tomorrow.

Safe Nuclear like France is the first stop, anyone who's against it is signing to worsen climate change.

Once people develop good energy storage, by all means, wind, solar and wave energy it is.
Omega21

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 03:10:47 PM »

Judging by her 20k chairs, what do you think, who caused more Co2 in their lifetime, a normal person's family, or she and her family?

Do as we say, not as we do.
Omega21

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 07:07:13 AM »

It generally doesn't cause more Co2 emission to produce an expensive chair than a cheap one, so it's an odd example.
that's not a safe assumption to make
The leather used for the expensive chair will be from cows slaughtered for meat, so that doesn't cause any extra methane emission.
that's assuming there is no negative outcome to the environment from the tanning process...(hint, there is...a lot, certainly some of it is going to be in the form of Co2)

What's bad for the environment and what affects climate change are two different things, there is no reason to talk about "the environment" in the abstract when discussing climate change, it's two different problems (some of the measures necessary to curtail or mitigate climate change will even harm the environment). Methane is a far more potent climate gas than Co2, so that's why I focused on that. Whatever extra Co2 emission is caused by tanning is negligible compared to the methane emission from the cows.

Lastly, "that's not a safe assumption to make". Why not? It's a myth that the production of luxury items is more Co2 extensive than the production of cheap stuff. Transport costs are e.g. going to be the same.

Cheap chairs made in Sweden don't need to travel thousands of kilometers from Italy (one of em is Italian I believe) , so it really depends.

You are right about the cow thing tho.

It's not that much of an issue, it's just that I don't like people who pretend to be the average joe and blame others for things.

Greta wouldn't care about the new insulation laws in Gernany which are set to save some Co2 because her parents can afford the apartment regardless of the fairly big cost increase, but they don't get not everyone can live like that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies