How would this forum react if Kamala Harris won the presidency? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:48:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  How would this forum react if Kamala Harris won the presidency? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would this forum react if Kamala Harris won the presidency?  (Read 14125 times)
TheLeftwardTide
« on: October 04, 2017, 02:05:13 AM »

There's absolutely no reason to think that she'd govern any differently than Obama did, and no, that's not a good thing.

Are all black Democrats corporatist and/or bad in your view? (Harris, Obama, Booker)

This appears to be a common thread with the Berniecrats. Hmm...

Maryland black Democrats tend to be to the left of their white counterparts. I supported Donna Edwards in 2016, and currently support Ben Jealous in the 2018 gubernatorial primary.

Are you trolling? It's kind of hard to tell, although I think your sig really points in that direction. I know that there are some people on Atlas who would unironically agree with you.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 07:03:55 PM »

The 2016 primary results are not set in stone. A Berniecrat just got elected mayor of Birmingham, Alabama. As for last year, Bernie did better with minorities later in the election. He even managed to win the most diverse city in America, Oakland. 
Um, no. Randall Woodfin was the Alabama state director for Hillary for America.
And endorsed by Our Revolution. There can be overlap between the two wings; they're not completely disjointed.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 06:33:06 PM »

A lot (maybe most?) White Democrats today, especially on this forum, have the mindset of a typical upper-class person. Poverty is a failure of personal responsibility, people should just uproot their lives and relocate to follow whatever the market says, those without the privilege of a college education are typically deplorables and trash, etc etc... I don't know what people expect having upper and upper-middle-class people running a party that's supposed to be oriented towards the lower and working classes. These folks either have no life experiences associated with a background of struggle or have internalized right-wing rhetoric about "personal responsibility." It's why rural Whites rightfully abandoned the party en masse in 2016; they already know the government only works for the well-off, those in coastal metros, and simultaneously talks down to them and hates them (especially the party that's allegedly for the workers).

Congratulations to the upper classes! You guys have nearly total control over both parties and are still trying your hardest to ensure the working classes have no representation at all (targeting Sanders-style populists and rural Democrats). And yet you'll still sit there and say, "that's not my fault, you guys are just bitter, you should've tried harder, but hahaha now you'll just stay poor."
This is getting off topic, but I'm not upper class (asprirational, perhaps), I have life experiences being middle class in rural America, and I have no dislike towards the poor. (Face it, you don't know my demographic profile at all.) However, I don't think the system is totally rigged, I don't think there is an inherent conflict of interest between people of different classes, and I have no patience for nostalgic people who want the economy and lifestyle of the 50s back. Too bad, the economy has changed. You may deserve government assistance, but if your not willing to fundementally change your lifestyle and outlook to achieve it, then you are not entitled to prosperity.

Let's save this discussion for another thread, however.

sounds exactly like the sort of thing that a tory would say, tbh
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies