Should two million people be removed from their homes in Gaza? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:44:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Should two million people be removed from their homes in Gaza? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 105

Author Topic: Should two million people be removed from their homes in Gaza?  (Read 2640 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« on: October 09, 2023, 03:13:01 AM »
« edited: October 09, 2023, 03:25:08 AM by OSR stands with Israel »

No , as doing so is immoral
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 03:15:49 PM »

What should happen is Israel should invade and occupy Gaza then do the equalivent of denazification there . Also every major Hamas leader should be put on trial and that trial should be televised for everyone in Gaza to see the crimes committed by Hamas
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2023, 03:21:04 PM »

So what's your plan?  I considered all the alternatives.  I consider the arguments against those alternatives far more compelling than the arguments against my proposal.

As a start? Capture or neutralize Hamas leadership using as strategically limited a response as possible. Then conduct an operation with the United Nations or some other multilateral coalition to secure the Gaza Strip and end the Hamas dictatorship.

Once that's completed, allow in massive shipments of humanitarian aid and work with the coalition to remove weapons caches from the Strip. Transfer control to a United Nations mission and hold multiparty elections as soon as possible, with a ban on organizations or political fronts that do not recognize Israel's right to exist. Finally, rework security and Israeli intelligence to focus on identifying cells of potential terrorist activity rather than a wholesale blockade.

This is not a good solution as I reckon securing control of the Gaza Strip would be extremely bloody and result in massive casualties to both civilians and the armed forces, not to mention it would be very difficult to implement some aspects of the plan. I'd say it's still better than an infeasible and unethical plan for expelling 2 million Palestinians to Egypt.

I would love if this was a practical solution but I simply do not believe it to be.  I think most of the people in Gaza love Hamas and will do everything in their power to protect and hide them from Israel while conducting a vicious, bloody, neverending guerilla urban warfare campaign.  We'll see in a couple weeks if I'm right.  I hope I'm wrong.  But this isn't exactly the first time something like this has been tried in the modern era.

Why not do this instead:

What should happen is Israel should invade and occupy Gaza then do the equalivent of denazification there . Also every major Hamas leader should be put on trial and that trial should be televised for everyone in Gaza to see the crimes committed by Hamas
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies