To the people hating on "racist", self-interest ignoring West Virginia...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:24:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  To the people hating on "racist", self-interest ignoring West Virginia...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: To the people hating on "racist", self-interest ignoring West Virginia...  (Read 2393 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2016, 12:31:13 PM »

My theory is that those people are lying about their income in the exit poll. No way 50% of white in WV were making more than 50k in 2008.

People who actually vote are a significantly different demographic than the state's population mix overall....it almost always trends wealthier and higher-educated.
BundouYMB

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2016, 01:12:30 PM »

If this post is a rebuttal to anyone or anything, it's a rebuttal to the people who constantly try to excuse Appalachia's terribleness by making out like literally everyone there is an impoverished, unemployed ex-coal miner (as if that somehow excuses WV's myriad of other problems, including racism, anyways) and we just need to have sympathy for them, ect.

This is definitely not a rebuttal to IceSpear, who, as he's already said, already knew this and was not making fun of poor people when he was making fun of WV.

Aren't you the one who used Sanders' win of Oklahoma as an argument that all his supporters are racist?

Actually no, that's not even remotely close to what I said. I said that anyone who thought self-identified conservative, white Democrats in Oklahoma were voting for Sanders more than they were voting against Clinton was deluding themselves.

You were just so salty over the fact I called you a resentful white kid you didn't bother to read what I actually wrote.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2016, 01:22:56 PM »

West Virginia votes for whichever party is pro-coal.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies