Arnold Re-Elected? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:36:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arnold Re-Elected? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arnold Re-Elected?  (Read 5027 times)
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« on: August 12, 2004, 08:42:46 PM »

No matter what Arnold does, the budget will be bad ten years from now.

All he has to do is get us on track to get out of the woods.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the impression that most Californians are fairly realistic in what they expect from him.  I don't think anyone expected him to solve the budget problems over night.  It seems to me that most people realize that the damage done to California by Gray Davis and the state assembly is too vast to be fixed in a short period of time.  Instead, people expected exactly what Gov. Schwarzenegger has given them--policies that not only avoid doing more lasting damage to California's economy and specific California's credit rating, but also pursuing policies that will at least set California on the path to recovery.

Californians seem to be quite happy with the fact that Schwarzenegger has dispatched Gray Davis' out of control policies of higher taxes and runaway spending in fairly short order.  He repealed the car tax, he's cut spending, he repealed driver's licenses for illegal aliens, and he's working to reform worker's comp.  All in all, that's a record that most Californian's are very satisfied with.  Unless Schwarzenegger screws up royally in the next two years, he should coast to reelection.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 10:42:49 PM »

I think so, with significant Democrat support. However, if he attacks the Democrats at the Republican convention it may alienate them.

Dave

I think it's fair to say (now that we've seen the republican convention) that Arnold probably didn't alienate any democrats with his speech.  Rather, he gave an inspirational speech that probably got a lot of coverage on local news in CA.  If I were a Californian watching that speech I would be very proud he was my governor.

So, it's Arnold in a landslide in '06!
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 10:47:06 PM »

Except if those Democrats considered themselves to be economic girly-men.  Smiley

Wink

He probably secured his reelection with that one sentence alone.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies