McCain promises to win California (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:38:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  McCain promises to win California (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McCain promises to win California  (Read 9397 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« on: July 29, 2008, 01:31:40 PM »

WOW!!!! Would this not be great for the republican party.

I can see it happening, but McCain will have to really campaign in California. The reason that I say that I could see it happening is because there are a lot of Latino supporters there and the Clintons are very big in the Latino areas. If McCain can get Latinos who were Clinton supporters to come on his side, and he can hold the southern California counties, do relatively well in the northern areas, and hold the margin down in Los Angeles then he could have a shot.

The last poll had Latino's nation-wide going to Obama by like 65-24. So, it's probably even worse in CA

Yep Wink. Pew found that Obama is leading McCain, 66% to 23% among Hispanics. Furthermore, they also found that:

1. 76% have a favorable opinion of Obama; 73%, Clinton; 44%, McCain and 27%, Bush

2. More than 75% of those Hispanics who voted for Clinton in a Democratic primary or caucus would either vote, or are leaning towards voting, for Obama in November; while 8% would vote, or are leaning towards voting, for McCain

Hispanics may well have lost some of the trust they once had in McCain - and it's easy to see why

Dave
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies