How will Trump be portrayed in history textbooks? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:22:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  How will Trump be portrayed in history textbooks? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How will Trump be portrayed in history textbooks?  (Read 2257 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: November 12, 2022, 08:26:44 PM »

I think this era will be described as being as tumultuous as the 60s and 70s with Trump being our Nixon figure, and Biden being somewhere between LBJ and Jimmy Carter.

A Nixon melded with a Goldwater. The former's lack of scruples and the latter's wrecking of the establishment.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 02:05:41 AM »

Depends on what happened to the R party it's Doomed if we get Voting Rights or DC STATEHOOD

The Republican Party is in deep trouble, sure. They face a large, very hostile younger generation that sees them as culturally alien and blames them for a lot of their economic misery. They are increasingly isolated to one region of the country and even in that region, they are progressively losing more ground as the demographics....

Oh wait, sorry that's the 1930s I was talking about, wrong thread. Tongue

More seriously, part of the reason why I would love to see independent redistricting, public funding of elections and an increase in the House of Representatives, is that it would force Republicans to be better candidates at the house level and thus create a stronger bench for statewide elections. I have long argued that the current dynamic turns GOP House members into brain dead lemmings who are spoon fed talking points and then you wonder why they get destroyed in primaries for Senate by loons and extremists who then themselves get demolished in the general elections.

The addition of two seats from DC would not doom the GOP, it would just have to adapt to be able to flip seats in PA, WI and MI. Parties adapt to fit the path of least resistance to power, which is usually by absorbing whoever the ruling party intentionally or unintentionally leaves for dead alongside the road, which restores the equilibrium. Rockefeller Republicans was the GOP adapting on a broad scale to survive in a region shifting leftward socially and increasingly dominated by labor unions. If the present dynamic is not working the question is not whether the party adapts, but how many unnecessary losses does it take before it does so.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies