What do you have against Wall Street? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:32:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What do you have against Wall Street? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What do you have against Wall Street?  (Read 3415 times)
RR1997
United States

« on: April 29, 2016, 05:15:29 AM »
« edited: April 29, 2016, 07:18:40 AM by RR1997 »

Unrestrained greed and cynicism.  People don't to go Wall Street to do anything but make money.  Way too many people in finance are just about pure greed.  People who work in technology love computers, people who design tractors love tractors, journalist love the news, people who work on Broadway love being gay, you know?  But, who loves doing financial homework?  Nobody really.  

I'm sorry for bumping this thread, but this statement is absolutely ignorant and false. I am absolutely passionate about finance. I love investing and business. I love financial modeling and reading about various private equity deals, etc. Most people who end up successful on Wall Street are actually passionate about finance. Most of the Wall Street bigshots (like Henry Kravis, George Soros, etc) are actually interested in what they do. One thing every Wall Street big shot has in common is that they were all interested in finance ever since they were really young. A very significant portion of people who work on Wall Street are there because they are actually interested in finance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies