Taking Back America
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:20:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Taking Back America
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Taking Back America  (Read 1557 times)
Derek
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 26, 2010, 07:49:02 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100526/ap_on_el_ho/us_primary_day_after

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting rid of Rinos and soon the democrats and taking over one seat at a time. Your congressman could be next.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 08:07:07 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

There really isn't much of a difference between the two. The anti-establishment candidates I've analyzed so far (Randy Boy and Ruby) are either just as or even more warmongering and socially authoritative than their "establishment" opponents.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 08:40:12 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2010, 08:46:07 PM by Torie »

Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 08:41:45 PM »

Have any establishment candidates won in this primary season yet?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 08:44:22 PM »

There is no way Sam Farr can lose, so... sorry.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 09:41:24 PM »

I don't think there are any competent Republican establishment candidates in that district anyway.  First came Sali and then that Ward tool obviously blew the big one.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 02:06:35 AM »

Is there a such thing as an establishment GOP candidate? John McCain believe it or not has come out of the wood work I believe as the base of the GOP in congress since losing the election. The tea partiers are backing him up. Another run? I'm just saying, just saying....
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 02:10:10 AM »

Is there a such thing as an establishment GOP candidate? John McCain believe it or not has come out of the wood work I believe as the base of the GOP in congress since losing the election. The tea partiers are backing him up. Another run? I'm just saying, just saying....

McCain sacrificed his principles (many of which I disagreed with) to appeal to the Republican base, making him look more conservative than he was.  The only thing I disagree with him more on than his previous principles is the fact that he changed his principles to appeal to the GOP base.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 02:11:36 AM »

McCain sacrificed his principles (many of which I disagreed with) to appeal to the Republican base, making him look more conservative than he was.  The only thing I disagree with him more on than his previous principles is the fact that he changed his principles to appeal to the GOP base.

If only that were so, but I would agree with you if and only if McCain would've switched back to being a moderate. The 2008 election changed John McCain for the better.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 02:17:00 AM »

If only that were so, but I would agree with you if and only if McCain would've switched back to being a moderate. The 2008 election changed John McCain for the better.

I'd agree with you; however, I question whether or not that change is truly genuine.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 02:19:15 AM »

I understand politicians are politicians but John McCain has always been a stand out and in a good way. Also, maybe he is still moderate in some ways? It's not like there's been anything moderate or mainstream during this administration. Joe Leiberman is a centrist and he was supporting McCain.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 02:38:54 AM »

Yes... a vocal minority of angry middle aged white guys wants the gubmint to bend to their desires, because, after all, they are the victims of a vast conspiracy that falsely elected Democrats into office and thus they do not represent the majority of Americans.  Roll Eyes
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 02:43:46 AM »

Considering the fact that the vast majority of congressmen have won their primary re-nominations, yes. Also Coats won the Indiana R Primary.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 07:25:11 AM »

I understand politicians are politicians but John McCain has always been a stand out and in a good way.

Really? How? John McCain is just another generic warmongering Republican who falsely gets the praise of being "moderate." Tell me, can you name one "moderate" policy John McCain has supported and is sticking to now that he's facing bad poll numbers against a Teabag nutjob? McCain sure isn't cooperating with the Government on healthcare, immigration, War, or anything else for that matter.

Quote from: Restricted
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 07:26:36 AM »

I understand politicians are politicians but John McCain has always been a stand out and in a good way.

Really? How? John McCain is just another generic warmongering Republican who falsely gets the praise of being "moderate." Tell me, can you name one "moderate" policy John McCain has supported and is sticking to now that he's facing bad poll numbers against a Teabag nutjob? McCain sure isn't cooperating with the Government on healthcare, immigration, War, or anything else for that matter.

He supported amnesty, troll.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 07:43:24 AM »

He supported amnesty, troll.

Does that make him a moderate? Even on immigration? Hell No. He supported Amnesty to gain a few extra Hispanic votes just like his master, Dubya did before him. That doesn't excuse the fact he wants to implement more strict border control, make English the primary language and supports the Arizona immigration law, hardly moderate opinions. McCain holds the pretty standard Right-Wing opinion of immigration and immigrants now that he's in a primary battle.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 10:47:02 AM »

Giovanni is nailing it.

McCain was never a "moderate" or "maverick", just another far right tool.
Mjh

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 10:50:44 AM »

Giovanni is nailing it.

Don't you consider all Republicans "far right tools"?

Hardly a moderate view that either.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 09:08:37 PM »

Giovanni is nailing it.

Lincoln Chaffee wasn't. Neither were Republicans in the past, but all the moderates have basically been defeated, retired or switched parties (like Specter).
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 09:09:44 PM »

Giovanni is nailing it.

Lincoln Chaffee wasn't. Neither were Republicans in the past, but all the moderates have basically been defeated, retired or switched parties (like Specter).

Chafee and Specter were not moderates.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 11:01:55 PM »

Yes... a vocal minority of angry middle aged white guys wants the gubmint to bend to their desires, because, after all, they are the victims of a vast conspiracy that falsely elected Democrats into office and thus they do not represent the majority of Americans.  Roll Eyes

Nice spin, you'll get over it.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 11:09:11 PM »

Considering the fact that the vast majority of congressmen have won their primary re-nominations, yes. Also Coats won the Indiana R Primary.
How many of those were even seriously contested? All of the high profile Senate primaries have gone well so far at least.

But you think it is a good thing when establishment candidates win?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 11:18:56 PM »

How many of those were even seriously contested? All of the high profile Senate primaries have gone well so far at least.

Depends. I supported Mollohan over that random DINO that won and I want Bennett to win in CO, but on the other hand I'm a big Sestak and Halter guy.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2010, 11:27:17 PM »

Depends. I supported Mollohan over that random DINO that won and I want Bennett to win in CO, but on the other hand I'm a big Sestak and Halter guy.

Obama's support for Specter didn't sway you? I thought you were a big Obama fan.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2010, 12:20:20 AM »

Obama's support for Specter didn't sway you? I thought you were a big Obama fan.

Just because I think Obama is the bestest doesn't mean I can't decide which candidate to support by myself.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies