Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 12:55:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Roy Moore (R)

Doug Jones (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 189

Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread  (Read 128637 times)
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« on: December 08, 2017, 08:19:55 PM »

I agree with the talk about low turnout helping Jones. Me and my dad both supported Strange in the GOP primary and runoff. He says that he’s not voting this time.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 02:39:56 PM »

I’m in Gadsden right now.. a lot more signs are out today for both candidates. Jones still has more than Moore.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 04:04:36 PM »

I’m in Gadsden right now.. a lot more signs are out today for both candidates. Jones still has more than Moore.
Our those lawn signs or signs just on public property?

Both
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 02:18:59 PM »

All of this could have been avoided had Trump gone all in for Mo Brooks in the primary, probably pushing him over the top to win the nomination.  Brooks is a low immigration advocate, party loyalist type who in hindsight was the safe choice from the beginning for Trump.

For the 100th time, Mo Brooks is not very popular in Alabama. He strongly opposed Trump in the primary, why would Trump endorse him now? Makes no sense, especially since Brooks isn’t very popular to begin with.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 10:52:42 AM »

If you don't follow the polls board, you've missed that we have a Moore +9 poll from Emerson and a Jones +10 poll from Fox News today. Anyone's guess.

I am extremely ready for this election to be over.

Just try living here.. I can't wait for the constant commercials, phone calls, mail, etc. to stop.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 01:04:24 PM »

Who would be a strong Republican candidate that could run against Jones in 2020? Bradley Byrne, perhaps?

Byrne wouldn't be terrible. He would run particularly strong in south Alabama. I'm not entirely sure who the strongest Republican would be.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 01:26:19 PM »

Who would be a strong Republican candidate that could run against Jones in 2020? Bradley Byrne, perhaps?

Byrne wouldn't be terrible. He would run particularly strong in south Alabama. I'm not entirely sure who the strongest Republican would be.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well, and Jones really needs to do well in Mobile and Baldwin County in 2020. I'd be okay with Aderholt as well, but I don't think Roby could win the primary (or the GE, for that matter) after what happened in 2016.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Aderholt. I would have no problem with Roby but I doubt she could win the primary,
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 07:59:35 AM »

Well, the big day is here.  A few words of advice:

1. Don't read too much into anecdotal turnout or weather reports.

2. Ignore trolls.

3. If there are early exit poll results, take them with a grain of salt.

4. Have fun!

FWIW, there’s a 0% chance of rain today. Highs in the mid 40s
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 10:52:45 AM »

I just got home from voting with my grandparents. Hard to tell about turnout because of our small precinct but most polling places around here are very crowded.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 11:01:42 AM »

I just got home from voting with my grandparents. Hard to tell about turnout because of our small precinct but most polling places around here are very crowded.

I thought you weren't going to vote for anyone

This is what I said, "Me and my dad both supported Strange in the GOP primary and runoff. He says that he’s not voting this time." My dad isn't voting. I did
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 11:04:21 AM »

I thought you weren't going to vote for anyone

This is what I said, "Me and my dad both supported Strange in the GOP primary and runoff. He says that he’s not voting this time." My dad isn't voting. I did

Did you write anyone in?

I voted for Jones
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 11:35:07 AM »

Huntsville is certainly not a typical Alabama city.

Very true. Huntsville has a very large amount of college educated voters. The tech industry is also big in Huntsville.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 03:33:45 PM »

https://twitter.com/BrendanKKirby/status/940637488456044545

Tweet from Brendan Kirby:
"Baldwin County Probate Judge Tim Russell thinks #AlabamaSenateRace turnout in his county might hit 35-40 percent range. He also thinks Doug Jones might take about 45 percent of that vote. If he's right, hard to see Roy Moore winning."
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 03:35:23 PM »

https://twitter.com/BrendanKKirby/status/940637488456044545

Tweet from Brendan Kirby:
"Baldwin County Probate Judge Tim Russell thinks #AlabamaSenateRace turnout in his county might hit 35-40 percent range. He also thinks Doug Jones might take about 45 percent of that vote. If he's right, hard to see Roy Moore winning."

Is Baldwin considered R or D leaning?

It's a big R county. Also has a ton of votes.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 12:05:58 AM »

I am so proud of/for my state!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies