Terms of Service/Atlasia's Troll List (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:21:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Terms of Service/Atlasia's Troll List (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Terms of Service/Atlasia's Troll List  (Read 40042 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: January 06, 2010, 11:42:13 AM »

That some of you acted stupid is not enough to convince me to do the work that it would require to moderate Hamilton.

There are two options if a troll comes back and does not get detected (they usually are at some point).

He trolls again and is banned again. No problem.
He doesn't troll again and is not banned. No problem.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 07:05:00 AM »

I don't know how long a system like this will suffice until the trolls overrun it with their spam/abuse of the reporting system, etc. I wish Mr. Leip would come around enough to get rid of these people, but perhaps he's afraid that banning them will only make it worse, if we believe the threats Hamilton likes to spew about how it will get worse if he's banned. I don't know. It's unfortunate that these kids, with way too much time on their hands, are trying to take down the forum. It used to be a great place for discussion.

I agree with that. Banning Hamilton will be a terrible mistake, because he will easily come back on the forum, and learning from his mistakes, he will manage to screw the forum without getting banned in time.

He won't learn. And besides, it won't matter. Once it'd discovered it is Hamilton he'll be banned for circumvening the ban, just like Ogis every time, no matter how he acts.

Did someone only imagine that Swing Voter could be Hamilton before Nik revealed it ?

I considered it the minute he said he wanted to join the party that had his friends in it, Hamilton and Einzige. I was thinking it might be either some dupe or a sock.

So what are we gonna do, ask for an IP check on any new ARC member ?

Sounds reasonable. Tongue
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 08:45:56 AM »

Note to community:

There's a lot of bitching going on and there was a lot of infractions dealt out today. To the few involved posters that are actually worth something, keep in mind that you may be infracted when stepping over the line even if the other guy is a total moron.

To the rest of you, keep digging.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 07:59:39 AM »

Note to community:

There's a lot of bitching going on and there was a lot of infractions dealt out today. To the few involved posters that are actually worth something, keep in mind that you may be infracted when stepping over the line even if the other guy is a total moron.

To the rest of you, keep digging.

Today's lesson (and shameless plug): This was some good legislation. Bring it back.

I disagree.  Now that it's clear to the mods Dave's will on posting PMs, and now that we're enforcing it, it'd be hard to prosecute cases.  Many people wouldn't see the posting of PMs before they're deleted by a mod, and it's certainly not Gustaf/MJ's job to tell the AG when they've deleted a post so he can prosecute.

Prosecution would be uneven, at best.

We will have to see if it is actually enforced on these boards. I hope it is and we can forget about the issue.

Prosecution is only a patch to address a problem that needs mod supervision. As long as moderation proves sufficient, I'll be happy.

Dave has not commented on the issue, but rather, has left untrustworthy people to do it for him.

Reason #1 why I'm leaving in march.

At least I don't send out weirdo PMs where I try to make people feel guilty for driving me to suicide. Reason #1 why I would be very happy if you actually did leave, instead of just pretending to in order to cause drama.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 06:13:04 AM »

I never said you were driving me to anything, I said that if I go, I wanted to be sure to say goodbye.

I will be leaving the game when the election is over, weather you or anyone else likes it or not.

I was raised to behave in public. If some people can not do that, then they can go ahead and do that somewhere where I am not.

I guess your PMs aren't included in public behaviour then. The language you used in that PM is beyond anything I've ever said to anyone on here. At least as far as I can recall.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 07:37:45 AM »

Can someone explain to me what the hell is going on?

Teddy sent me a creepy PM and I'm getting a bit sick of his antics. He is great at preaching politeness but he has went off against me on several occasions even though I've been pretty restrained in dealing with all of his crazy.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 12:03:23 PM »

I never said you were driving me to anything, I said that if I go, I wanted to be sure to say goodbye.

I will be leaving the game when the election is over, weather you or anyone else likes it or not.

I was raised to behave in public. If some people can not do that, then they can go ahead and do that somewhere where I am not.

a PRIVATE message is not a public post, no.

I guess your PMs aren't included in public behaviour then. The language you used in that PM is beyond anything I've ever said to anyone on here. At least as far as I can recall.

So, you only care about being polite when someone observes you? That's splendidly moral of you. Since I don't know you have never met you and hardly interacted with you at all, I think it falls under public behaviour. Yelling at a stranger in an alley doesn't become private because there is no one else in the alley.

Anyway, you called me an asshole in a public post. How was that polite?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies