Terms of Service/Atlasia's Troll List
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 06:45:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Terms of Service/Atlasia's Troll List
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Terms of Service/Atlasia's Troll List  (Read 39894 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2010, 06:45:51 PM »

So, stop posting from proxy and prove us you're not Hamilton.

Is that really as hard?

Or maybe you don't want any real check? Why?
live free or die
vane
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -4.43

« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2010, 06:47:12 PM »

Is that really as hard?

That would obviously ruin my fun. We wouldn't want to take that chance.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2010, 06:47:35 PM »

MasterJedi,

Could you give us an update on Vanes status?  It is pretty common knowledge that he is Hamilton, and he doesn't try to deny it.

Last time I talked to him, he said he was working on it, but I will let him speak on that.

You know what guys, we should take him at his word. I think he is a trully honest and respectable invididual completely worthy of esteem and intregrity.

By the way, would anyone want to by this bridge in NY, its been on the lot for quite a long time?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2010, 06:50:50 PM »

MasterJedi,

Could you give us an update on Vanes status?  It is pretty common knowledge that he is Hamilton, and he doesn't try to deny it.

Last time I talked to him, he said he was working on it, but I will let him speak on that.

You know what guys, we should take him at his word. I think he is a trully honest and respectable invididual completely worthy of esteem and intregrity.

By the way, would anyone want to by this bridge in NY, its been on the lot for quite a long time?

I agree.
I'll buy it for 350,000 Japanese yen, no more....no less.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2010, 06:52:25 PM »

Is that really as hard?

That would obviously ruin my fun. We wouldn't want to take that chance.

I'd rather call this cowardly.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2010, 07:05:17 PM »

MasterJedi,

Could you give us an update on Vanes status?  It is pretty common knowledge that he is Hamilton, and he doesn't try to deny it.

You'll have a formal update within a week.

Until then, take it easy.

-moderatorperson
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2010, 05:13:19 PM »

Well this died on its butt.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2010, 08:45:56 AM »

Note to community:

There's a lot of bitching going on and there was a lot of infractions dealt out today. To the few involved posters that are actually worth something, keep in mind that you may be infracted when stepping over the line even if the other guy is a total moron.

To the rest of you, keep digging.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2010, 09:34:13 PM »

Note to community:

There's a lot of bitching going on and there was a lot of infractions dealt out today. To the few involved posters that are actually worth something, keep in mind that you may be infracted when stepping over the line even if the other guy is a total moron.

Today's lesson (and shameless plug): This was some good legislation. Bring it back.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2010, 12:28:08 PM »

Note to community:

Today's lesson (and shameless plug): This was some good legislation. Bring it back.

Respectfully disagree. Chilled basic freedom of speech and resulted in uneven application despite diligent attempts by the AG and courts to do so fairly.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2010, 12:30:12 PM »

Note to community:

Respectfully disagree. Chilled basic freedom of speech and resulted in uneven application despite diligent attempts by the AG and courts to do so fairly.

Tell me, isn't it an idiotic and contradicting situation that when you publish PM you're fine under Atlasia law, but you have problems with moderators?
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2010, 02:34:21 PM »

Note to community:

Tell me, isn't it an idiotic and contradicting situation that when you publish PM you're fine under Atlasia law, but you have problems with moderators?

No, in my opinion.  Atlasia law enforces the rules of this game as those elected in this game legislate.  However, the game exists on the private property of Dave.  His rules are more important than anything else.  While our little "society" may not have a problem with something, Dave will always have the ability to trump us.

I refer you to the banning of Libertas, which you were quite vocal about supporting.  His conduct did not violate Atlasian law, but it violated what Dave was willing to put up with.  Thus, Dave invoked his perogative as owner of this site to enforce his rules.  We may not like either decision, but as long as we exist on his site, we must obey the rules.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2011, 04:23:26 AM »

Note to community:

I disagree.  Now that it's clear to the mods Dave's will on posting PMs, and now that we're enforcing it, it'd be hard to prosecute cases.  Many people wouldn't see the posting of PMs before they're deleted by a mod, and it's certainly not Gustaf/MJ's job to tell the AG when they've deleted a post so he can prosecute.

Prosecution would be uneven, at best.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2011, 06:55:22 PM »

Note to community:

I disagree.  Now that it's clear to the mods Dave's will on posting PMs, and now that we're enforcing it, it'd be hard to prosecute cases.  Many people wouldn't see the posting of PMs before they're deleted by a mod, and it's certainly not Gustaf/MJ's job to tell the AG when they've deleted a post so he can prosecute.

We will have to see if it is actually enforced on these boards. I hope it is and we can forget about the issue.

Prosecution is only a patch to address a problem that needs mod supervision. As long as moderation proves sufficient, I'll be happy.
The Artist Formerly Known As and Now Again Known As Ogis
agooji

« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2011, 07:25:25 PM »

Well, if the mods hadn't deleted the PMs while abiding by Dave's policy, Marokai might not be eligible for office.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2011, 08:20:02 PM »

Note to community:

We will have to see if it is actually enforced on these boards. I hope it is and we can forget about the issue.

Prosecution is only a patch to address a problem that needs mod supervision. As long as moderation proves sufficient, I'll be happy.

Dave has not commented on the issue, but rather, has left untrustworthy people to do it for him.

Reason #1 why I'm leaving in march.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2011, 09:08:44 PM »

Well, if the mods hadn't deleted the PMs while abiding by Dave's policy, Marokai might not be eligible for office.

The law against posting PMs was repealed, so that is not the case. Though I did voice my displeasure in private about the posting of PMs, as I have in public and private many times before.

I wish we had a more congenial atmosphere in this game, but my efforts to institutionalize that have faced considerable opposition. So I will keep instigating and pressing for reforms that demonstrate what we want in this online community. I hope people will join me in the effort.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2011, 07:59:39 AM »

Note to community:

Dave has not commented on the issue, but rather, has left untrustworthy people to do it for him.

Reason #1 why I'm leaving in march.

At least I don't send out weirdo PMs where I try to make people feel guilty for driving me to suicide. Reason #1 why I would be very happy if you actually did leave, instead of just pretending to in order to cause drama.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2011, 12:16:15 AM »

I never said you were driving me to anything, I said that if I go, I wanted to be sure to say goodbye.

I will be leaving the game when the election is over, weather you or anyone else likes it or not.

I was raised to behave in public. If some people can not do that, then they can go ahead and do that somewhere where I am not.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2011, 06:13:04 AM »

I never said you were driving me to anything, I said that if I go, I wanted to be sure to say goodbye.

I will be leaving the game when the election is over, weather you or anyone else likes it or not.

I was raised to behave in public. If some people can not do that, then they can go ahead and do that somewhere where I am not.

I guess your PMs aren't included in public behaviour then. The language you used in that PM is beyond anything I've ever said to anyone on here. At least as far as I can recall.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2011, 06:53:15 AM »

Can someone explain to me what the hell is going on?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2011, 07:37:45 AM »

Can someone explain to me what the hell is going on?

Teddy sent me a creepy PM and I'm getting a bit sick of his antics. He is great at preaching politeness but he has went off against me on several occasions even though I've been pretty restrained in dealing with all of his crazy.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2011, 07:54:35 AM »

I like Teddy and I can bet all my money most of Atlasians are sharing this sentiments. What I don't understand is why is causing such a drama?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2011, 07:57:52 AM »

this is why I'm leaving.

I've been quite serious about everything I've said.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2011, 07:58:30 AM »

a PRIVATE message is not a public post, no.

I guess your PMs aren't included in public behaviour then. The language you used in that PM is beyond anything I've ever said to anyone on here. At least as far as I can recall.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies