Big Ten Country
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:57:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Big Ten Country
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Big Ten Country  (Read 4185 times)
Kodratos
Ataturk

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2004, 03:59:38 PM »

I was under the impression that it was just a conservative/populist party, and didn't know that it had any racist beliefs. I will change my sig to Hoyre
dunn

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2004, 04:08:21 PM »

I was under the impression that it was just a conservative/populist party, and didn't know that it had any racist beliefs. I will change my sig to Hoyre
That's can happen. Good thing that you changed it
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2004, 06:28:10 PM »

I believe that IN will go to Bush indefinitely.  Most people would call me overconfident, since my map gave Kerry a lot more EVs than Bush, but unless Bayh is the VP (which he won't be), IN is going to go Republican again.  Polls show Bush ahead by a humongus margin.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2004, 09:23:59 PM »

Three would be sufficent.  Personally I think it will be more, but three is all that's required.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2004, 09:25:50 PM »

I believe that IN will go to Bush indefinitely.  Most people would call me overconfident, since my map gave Kerry a lot more EVs than Bush, but unless Bayh is the VP (which he won't be), IN is going to go Republican again.  Polls show Bush ahead by a humongus margin.

Bush would still win with Bayh as Kerry's VP.  Hoosiers wouldn't stomach Kerry just to see Bayh in that powerless office.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2004, 10:00:06 PM »

Three would be sufficent.  Personally I think it will be more, but three is all that's required.

ohio and indiana are the only two I put on my map.  I reserve the right to name the third after labor day.
AndyTheMan
Rookie

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2004, 11:56:17 PM »

From my corner in Big Ten Country I see Bush only winning Indiana. I think most of the states will be close expect for MI and IL which will probably vote strongly for Kerry.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2004, 01:32:12 AM »

Bush would still win with Bayh as Kerry's VP.  Hoosiers wouldn't stomach Kerry just to see Bayh in that powerless office.

I don't know, I'd have figured bay-staters were smart enough not to encourage their senator to leave his for the thankless mess that is the modern presidency, but you see how far that thinking will get you.  People don't much read the constitution, as far as I can tell.  Seems like in a lot of folks mind, the Peter Principle is an imperative.  
Bayh = popular senator implies Bayh = good VP.  (?)  go figure...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2004, 10:47:33 AM »

3, IN, OH and PA.
bejkuy

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2004, 05:24:47 PM »

4:

Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and either Wisconsin or Iowa.

IMHO Bush is wasting his time in Minnesota or Michigan.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2004, 05:28:19 PM »

I don't know, I'd have figured bay-staters were smart enough not to encourage their senator to leave his for the thankless mess that is the modern presidency, but you see how far that thinking will get you.  People don't much read the constitution, as far as I can tell.  Seems like in a lot of folks mind, the Peter Principle is an imperative.  
Bayh = popular senator implies Bayh = good VP.  (?)  go figure...

The point is Indianans don't like national Democrats, particularly extremely liberal ones like Kerry.  They won't vote for Kerry just to get Bayh into the VP office.
bejkuy

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2004, 05:35:06 PM »

You are right on the money OPEBO.

How could anyone, even John McCain, deceive the sane electorate of Indiana into choosing John Kerry to represent them.

Everything Kerry supports, Hoosiers reject.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2004, 05:38:58 PM »

I won't be surprised when Kerry gets 48-49% of the vote in Indiana.  The only question is whether Bush can muster the remaining 51%.  He may and he may not.  It really will depend on this year's appropriations process.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2004, 05:41:43 PM »

I won't be surprised when Kerry gets 48-49% of the vote in Indiana.  The only question is whether Bush can muster the remaining 51%.  He may and he may not.  It really will depend on this year's appropriations process.

Kerry might get that much if Bayh was VP, otherwise he'll get about 43-45%.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2004, 05:42:18 PM »

The point is Indianans don't like national Democrats, particularly extremely liberal ones like Kerry.  They won't vote for Kerry just to get Bayh into the VP office.

There is a possibility of Bayh, someone they trust, convincing them that Kerry is better for President though.  I think Bayh would give Kerry some votes here, but whether or not it would be enough to put the state into play would be interesting.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2004, 05:47:43 PM »

He finished his final term as Governor with an 80% approval rating.  He definately has some influence on Hoosiers.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies