The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 09:15:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 30
Author Topic: The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)  (Read 49749 times)
leonardothered
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: March 25, 2017, 12:36:30 PM »

From what I can see there are many options on the table;

Highest odds are those going to war. This means Viserys, Asha, and Drogo. It can also mean Davos, High Septon, Catelyn, Tyrion and almost assuredly Mace Tyrell.

Then you have assassinations which include the rest of us lol.

I give Mace 90%; Tyrion 60%, Viserys 35% and Catelyn 25%.
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #451 on: March 25, 2017, 12:42:09 PM »

Yeah now that I think about it, I highly doubt I'll be dying this turn.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #452 on: March 25, 2017, 12:42:24 PM »

Mace Tyrell is counted as NPC whether he dies or lives, so it's four current players.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #453 on: March 25, 2017, 12:52:19 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2017, 12:53:57 PM by Fearless Leader X »

I feel like there are four possible scenarios here:

Option 1) Roose switched sides and had Ramsay attack Winterfell like in canon and kill Catelyn and her two remaining sons, and/or some combination of the following died in battle: Roose, Asha, Tyrion, Khal Drogo, Viserys, and Davos.  Alternatively, Khal Drogo could've led his horde north which would obviously be bad for me Tongue  Another interesting possibility is that the Dothraki may've gone West and attacked the Lannisters while they're distracted by the Iron Born.

Option 2) Khal Drogo attacked KL and some combination of Viserys, Khal Drogo, Davos, and the High Sparrow are dead along with either Tyrion or Asha.  If Doran is in KL, team Targ could theoretically have been wiped out in one battle, but this seems highly unlikely.  

Option 3) A bunch of random battles all happened to have high death counts Tongue

Option 4) The Dothraki got to KL and Viserys went Full Mad King and detonated a city-wide suicide bomb.

Btw, I feel like this is like the third turn in a row where 3-4 players died Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #454 on: March 25, 2017, 12:54:15 PM »

Option 1) Roose switched sides and had Ramsay attack Winterfell like in canon and kill Catelyn and her two remaining sons, and/or some combination of the following died in battle: Roose, Asha, Tyrion, Khal Drogo, Viserys, and Davos.  Alternatively, Khal Drogo could've led his horde north which would obviously be bad for me Tongue  Another interesting possibility is that the Dothraki may've gone West and attacked the Lannisters while they're distracted by the Iron Born.

Option 2) Khal Drogo attacked KL and some combination of Viserys, Khal Drogo, Davos, and the High Sparrow are dead along with either Tyrion or Asha.  If Doran is in KL, team Targ could theoretically have been wiped out in one battle, but this seems highly unlikely.  

Option 3) A bunch of random battles all happened to have high death counts Tongue

Option 4) The Dothraki got to KL and Viserys went Full Mad King and detonated a city-wide suicide bomb.
Option 5: your agents in KL ordered my assassination and some pthers Wink
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #455 on: March 25, 2017, 12:59:29 PM »

Well I'd consider Edric my "last life" but I'd be willing to come back as someone else if I happen to perish.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #456 on: March 25, 2017, 01:05:05 PM »

Paranoid much? Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #457 on: March 25, 2017, 01:06:31 PM »

Paranoid much? Tongue
Well, in this game when you are paranoid you are quite realist Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #458 on: March 25, 2017, 01:09:54 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2017, 01:23:28 PM by Fearless Leader X »

Paranoid much? Tongue

Only if you're being properly paranoid Tongue  There's literally no upside to me assassinating you and all due respect, the High Sparrow and his 6,000 cultists are not at the top of my in-game priority list at the moment.

Edit: Congrats, Windjammer (I assume)...err...wait a minute...you're dead too Tongue
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #459 on: March 25, 2017, 01:30:21 PM »

I imagine Lord Royce is the next logical option.

In hindsight it should have seemed likely that attacking King's Landing would occur by the Dothraki; it was one of the few big targets left to raid and was within reach...
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #460 on: March 25, 2017, 01:34:26 PM »

Paranoid much? Tongue

Only if you're being properly paranoid Tongue  There's literally no upside to me assassinating you and all due respect, the High Sparrow and his 6,000 cultists are not at the top of my in-game priority list at the moment.

Edit: Congrats, Windjammer (I assume)...err...wait a minute...you're dead too Tongue
For the record I didn't kill you lol
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #461 on: March 25, 2017, 01:36:17 PM »

Paranoid much? Tongue

For the record I didn't kill you lol

It's okay either way.  While I'm obviously curious who did (definitely you or LeonardotheRed), I don't really care one way or the other Tongue  

I imagine Lord Royce is the next logical option.

In hindsight it should have seemed likely that attacking King's Landing would occur by the Dothraki; it was one of the few big targets left to raid and was within reach...

Cue OOC therefore not useable in-game evil gloating: I know, that's why I suggested it Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #462 on: March 25, 2017, 01:37:36 PM »

I know it's okay but I just tell you for your curiosity that is not me. I'm dead now so I have no reason for lying Tongue
So,
Me, X and Gotfan are dead. Who is the fourth?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #463 on: March 25, 2017, 01:39:43 PM »

I know it's okay but I just tell you for your curiosity that is not me. I'm dead now so I have no reason for lying Tongue
So,
Me, X and Gotfan are dead. Who is the fourth?

The end of turn usually comes in two parts.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #464 on: March 25, 2017, 01:41:32 PM »

And why would you assume myself? We Dornish have so few friends outside our sands... Those not already dead at least Wink
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #465 on: March 25, 2017, 01:43:12 PM »

By the way, if in any way Cersei would be available to play. I would glzdly take this character if that is possible Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #466 on: March 25, 2017, 01:43:30 PM »

And why would you assume myself? We Dornish have so few friends outside our sands... Those not already dead at least Wink

You alluded to assassinations shortly before the end of the turn, if anyone has an assassination related special ability then it'd have to be Doran, and I just got the attempted Lannister-Targ alliance blocked (which you seemed more invested in than anyone else) Tongue

By the way, if in any way Cersei would be available to play. I would glzdly take this character if that is possible Smiley

I mean, if we can play as characters who presently have limited gameplay, dibs on Ramsay Tongue
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #467 on: March 25, 2017, 01:48:27 PM »

You alluded to assassinations shortly before the end of the turn, if anyone has an assassination related special ability then it'd have to be Doran, and I just got the attempted Lannister-Targ alliance blocked (which you seemed more invested in than anyone else) Tongue

I mean, if we can play as characters who presently have limited gameplay, dibs on Ramsay Tongue

I don't bring grudges into the game, I'm pretty faithful to that self rule. I'm also very committed to this Doran playstyle which suits myself and the game well I reckon Wink

I was mostly just baffled because I had done nearly the same thing and with far better current circumstances than the current Lannisters.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #468 on: March 25, 2017, 01:52:17 PM »

I don't bring grudges into the game, I'm pretty faithful to that self rule. I'm also very committed to this Doran playstyle which suits myself and the game well I reckon Wink

I was mostly just baffled because I had done nearly the same thing and with far better current circumstances than the current Lannisters.

Neither do I, that wasn't the main reason I think you had me assassinated though.  Regarding the other game, Westeros was being attacked by an undead army in that game; normal rules don't apply in that sort of situation Tongue
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #469 on: March 25, 2017, 01:56:14 PM »

Wow, guess I won this round.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #470 on: March 25, 2017, 01:56:36 PM »

True, but I allied with Stannis a good while before it was pertinent. As I saw it Tyrion was in a situation without allies, and had no chance of getting them with Tommen as a claimant. This would lead to the inevitable death of himself and his family statistically, and therefore he needed to change variables. At no point was Tommen for king not an option, but a temporary alliance a must to keep Tommen and Myrcella alive and not shamed as abominations forever
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #471 on: March 25, 2017, 01:58:29 PM »

I reckon so. Thankfully most of my people and valuable hostages had left but killing off two players in one swoop is pretty big.

Now to arrange a suitable gift for the khal in exchange for Tyene Sand... Dornish horses are prized for their endurance throughout the realm Wink
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #472 on: March 25, 2017, 02:04:11 PM »

Is Euron still alive, by any chance?  I'm trying to figure out who the remaining canon antagonists are Tongue
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #473 on: March 25, 2017, 02:07:05 PM »

Is Euron still alive, by any chance?  I'm trying to figure out who the remaining canon antagonists are Tongue

Hasn't made an appearance yet. A couple of Essosi as well
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #474 on: March 25, 2017, 02:12:19 PM »

My congratulations to X, GoTfan, Windjammer and Badgate, excellent performances all around!

Current Playable Houses and Characters:

Aegon Targaryen, Claimant to the Iron Throne
Euron Greyjoy, Claimant to the Iron Islands

Lord Wyman Manderly, Lord of White Harbor
Lord Paxter Redwyne, Lord of the Arbor
Lord Leyton Hightower, Lord of Oldtown
Lord Yohn Royce or Lady Anya Waynwood
Lord Tytos Blackwood or Ser Brynden Tully, the Blackfish 
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length