June fundraising: UPDATE: Final numbers: Clinton: $36.4m / Trump: $26.7m (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:13:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  June fundraising: UPDATE: Final numbers: Clinton: $36.4m / Trump: $26.7m (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: June fundraising: UPDATE: Final numbers: Clinton: $36.4m / Trump: $26.7m  (Read 2405 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: July 01, 2016, 02:02:55 PM »

Isn't this lower than Obama and Romney in 2012? Quickie search shows that Obama/DNC raised $71 million vs Romney/RNC's $106 million (Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-18773746 )

Obviously Clinton still maintains a truly massive cash advantage, but I wonder why her totals are smaller. Small donor issues perhaps? Or am I misreading the figures? It seems like it would be even more critical to raise more money this particular cycle, seeing as Republicans are very vulnerable and more cash could help ensure more wins against a weakened opposition.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 05:26:56 PM »

Hillary still had a primary to deal with for the first week of June, the party was already united behind Obama. Also, I'm not sure whether this is true or just BS (I lean toward the latter), but I remember reading that many Democrats are holding off on donating until after the RNC, since they don't want to intimidate them so much that they dump Trump at the convention.

Ah, fair point. Forgot about the primary issue. And yes, I probably read the same thing as you - I do hope they are just holding off, because this cycle is truly a rare gift to Democrats and Clinton / DNC should really go all in. We probably won't get another chance like this for some time.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 07:34:17 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2016, 07:50:49 PM by Virginia »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/donald-trump-fec-fundraising-225648

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Doesn't this mean Trump's campaign significantly overstated their fundraising success (or possibly lost a bunch of commitments)? He raised only a little more than half of what he stated (55 million). I'm just wondering if I missed something here.

If this is the case, then boy, the Republican party has to be nervous. Those are terrible figures for End of May/June, especially considering Trump didn't raise squat for the party before then. Both parties depend on their (presumptive) nominees bringing in the cash to bolster party operations.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies