The June 2015 Official Northeast Senate Debate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:56:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The June 2015 Official Northeast Senate Debate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The June 2015 Official Northeast Senate Debate  (Read 525 times)
rpryor03
Bahamas

« on: June 14, 2015, 04:37:37 PM »

Question 1: What is your view of the Protecting Vulnerable Infrastructure Bill drafted by Senator Polnut, which seeks to partner federal and regional officials to shore up regionally-controlled infrastructure against the effects of climate change?

Sorry about this, I've been busy with church the last few days. I support the bill offered by Senator Polnut, but I would work to make sure that this bill is able to work without harming our budget too much. Our budget needs to be balanced, keeping Atlasia able to operate.

Thank-you to Senator Talleyrand for your response. As 48 hours have elapsed, we now proceed to the second round; Mr. Pryor is free to answer the question from the first round should he wish to.

Question 2: Members of the Northeast Assembly recently considered legislation to vest greater control over domestic policy in the Regional government. To what extent to you support, or oppose, this effort?

I've always been a supporter of Federalism, and I support this in principle. If elected to the Senate, I will work with regional leadership and federal leadership to create a resolution that will work to strike a balance and satisfy all parties involved, and then extend it to the other regions as well.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 06:41:40 PM »

I am usually on the opposite end of the fence from Senator Talleyrand. I believe that we cannot be the world's police, and as your Senator, I will work on a case-by-case basis, as well, but unless we are attacked, we really shouldn't do it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies