MT-SEN 2020: Time for Bullock? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:27:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-SEN 2020: Time for Bullock? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT-SEN 2020: Time for Bullock?  (Read 9586 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« on: December 05, 2018, 02:54:52 PM »

Update:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Link

Bullock should keep a senate run as his "reserve option" if he can't make it to the presidential nomination. He's probably the strongest Democrat to challenge Daines. However, he's one of the best candidates to beat Trump.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 03:44:11 PM »

I don't know why so many folks think he has no chance to get the nomination. The list of pros for a Bullock nomination is far longer than the cons, even from a neutral perspective. Because he is a white male? Wouldn't this be the very definition of identity politics? Sure, he's from a state with just a million people, but it's not that only large state governors have ended up in the Oval Office. In early 1976, nobody knew who Jimmy Carter was for example.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 03:49:56 PM »

I don't know why so many folks think he has no chance to get the nomination. The list of pros for a Bullock nomination is far longer than the cons, even from a neutral perspective. Because he is a white male? Wouldn't this be the very definition of identity politics? Sure, he's from a state with just a million people, but it's not that only large state governors have ended up in the Oval Office. In early 1976, nobody knew who Jimmy Carter was for example.
Because people want someone progressive and they think montana is a rural hicks state so Bullock is John bell edwards

Well, it's not that Steve Bullock is a conservative Democrat as some people think. He's socially as liberal as you can get in Montana (pro-choice, unlike JBE) and implemented campaign finance reform, which is an important issue for progressives. He also supports labor unions and has moved to the left on gun control.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 02:34:44 PM »

I don't think Bullock will run for Senate. I think he's going to waste all his political capital on a 15th-place finish in the Presidential primary.
I donīt think he is going to run for President- remember Sen. Tester letting it slip that he would be running for Senate? Plus, I think it would be a Tossup/Tilt R kind of race and he would have a very good chance; his approvals are much better than Dainesī at the very least, and he wouldnīt get Bredesenīd because Montana is actually somewhat purple.

I think he hasn't decided yet what to do. Just hope he runs for something because it would be wasted talent. He's only 54 years in 2020.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 09:56:09 AM »

I don't know what filling deadlines are in Montana. If Steve Bullock is out by the end of the year of the Iowa, he might just keep his campaign appartus up and jump into the senate race. If he doesn't, Brian Schweizer should run instead and Mike Cooney for governor.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies