Would eastern and western Ukraine be better off going their separate ways? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:32:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Would eastern and western Ukraine be better off going their separate ways? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would eastern and western Ukraine be better off going their separate ways?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 89

Author Topic: Would eastern and western Ukraine be better off going their separate ways?  (Read 20464 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« on: February 26, 2014, 01:27:33 AM »

I know Gully's question was rhetorical, but:

Red=Germany
Blue=Czechia
Brown=Slovakia
Purple=Poland
Yellow=Ukraine
Orange=Romania
Green=Hungary
Lime Green=Italy
Beige=Yugoslavia

I would also call the Czech state "Bohemia and Moravia" since Czechia sounds rather awkward and could be confused with Chechnya.

I'd also give all the orange area to Romania and create a little ethnic Hungarian state east of Romania and call it Carpathia.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 01:44:26 AM »

I know Gully's question was rhetorical, but:

Red=Germany
Blue=Czechia
Brown=Slovakia
Purple=Poland
Yellow=Ukraine
Orange=Romania
Green=Hungary
Lime Green=Italy
Beige=Yugoslavia

I would also call the Czech state "Bohemia and Moravia" since Czechia sounds rather awkward and could be confused with Chechnya.

I'd also give all the orange area to Romania and create a little ethnic Hungarian state east of Romania and call it Carpathia.

That would be an enclave within Romania, not to the east of it. I'm not sure the people of Carpathia would be entirely comfortable with that.

Well would they rather just be part of Romania? It can't be worse than having all those Romanians in Hungary which is what that version of the map has happening.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies