Which of the following Social issues do you see a possible Conservative shift in (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:08:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Which of the following Social issues do you see a possible Conservative shift in (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of the following Social issues do you see a possible Conservative shift in
Abortion

Immigration

Recreational Cannabis

SSM

Assisted Suicide

Death Penalty

None of the above

Other(please Specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 119

Author Topic: Which of the following Social issues do you see a possible Conservative shift in  (Read 5820 times)
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« on: October 16, 2015, 11:23:20 PM »

Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 10:14:52 PM »

Why do you guys see conservatives shifting on abortion, as opposed to say SSM? On SSM, many younger republicans support it, whereas with abortion there is much less of a generational gap.

The problem is the way this question is worded. I can't tell if it means "society is going to be more conservative on these issues" vs. "Conservatives are going to change their mind on these issues".

For the former, abortion and immigration.

For the later, SSM and maybe weed.

I thought the question was about conservatives changing their minds, so I voted for weed.  It seems as if that's not how most people took the question.  I think abortion and immigration are the most likely.

The op said a conservative shift in public opinion. I don't think he meant a shift in the way conservatives think, but rather a shift towards conservatism for the whole of society.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies