Obama vindicated on law-school title (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:36:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama vindicated on law-school title (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama vindicated on law-school title  (Read 2006 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 30, 2008, 12:06:49 PM »

I've asked my dad, who is a tenured professor, about this, and he pretty much confirms what several people in this thread have said.  He says it is not uncommon at all to informally use this.  In fact, he often sees the phrase "non-tenure track professor" on job applications.  This is at worst an oversight, and at best a thoughtless mistake.

(And you can't disagree with me because I know someone with a title!!!)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 10:04:23 AM »

I've asked my dad, who is a tenured professor, about this, and he pretty much confirms what several people in this thread have said.  He says it is not uncommon at all to informally use this.  In fact, he often sees the phrase "non-tenure track professor" on job applications.  This is at worst an oversight, and at best a thoughtless mistake.

(And you can't disagree with me because I know someone with a title!!!)

Well, not a professor. Wink

No, but there's a difference between a resume and a voter's guide list of credentials - who wrote them.  As J. J. said, it makes staffer error very likely.  He would have been widely referred to as a "professor of (whatever)."  Unless Obama himself or someone who knows the distinction wrote it, an honest error is extremely likely.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies