Could neutral elections continue for the foreseeable future
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:39:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Could neutral elections continue for the foreseeable future
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could neutral elections continue for the foreseeable future  (Read 450 times)
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 09, 2022, 01:36:14 AM »

This election looks to be a repeat of 2020. I had a feeling we might've ended up like this but I was optimistic about the GOP's chances, especially with the last minute polling. Besides Florida, I think the polls were fairly accurate, although overall they tended to favor the GOP by a few percentage points more than the actual results. With these two elections, do you think that we will continue to see these close elections? It seems like swing voters are near-extinct at this point barring state races and demographic changes (aka Florida & Georgia).
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 02:30:47 AM »

I've been thinking this too. The one upside to polarization is that the electorate is too deadlocked to give either party enough of a majority to enact their venal and psychotic agendas.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 02:57:38 AM »

I've been thinking this too. The one upside to polarization is that the electorate is too deadlocked to give either party enough of a majority to enact their venal and psychotic agendas.

Yeah but you don’t have to say it like that!
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 02:58:57 AM »

Yeah I've considered this since 2020, increasing polarization could just result in squeaker elections for both parties, which is good in many ways and bad in many ways.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 03:21:57 AM »

Probably for 30 years.
Party Coalitions once cemented usually last for a Generation.
Heck African Americans haven't budged since 1964.

But since there will always be more Liberal Republicans in Congress than Conservative Democrats, Liberals will keep control of the Agenda.
Annatar
Australia

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2022, 03:28:09 AM »

I wouldn't say this was a neutral year, with 79% of the vote in according to CNN, GOP house vote margin is 6.5%, with late votes from the west coast that should decline by around 1.5 - 2% based off previous cycles, so GOP will win house vote by 4.5 - 5%, around 1% below 2014 levels, although the distribution of the house vote will end up being much less efficient then 2014. R+5 house vote isn't a neutral year I would say.
Neptunium
Taiwan

Political Matrix
E: 5.16, S: -1.90

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2022, 04:03:13 AM »

Neutral election will continue

until it doesn't.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2022, 04:57:45 AM »

Democrats won a big wave in 2018, when Trump should have done better than Biden because he had a much better economy. Everything was coming together for Republicans to have a big wave too, but they ran a terrible campaign and kept energising Democratic voters. If they just ran a mainstream campaign like Democrats in 2018 or Youngkin in 2021, it would have really been a slaughter.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies