Election Tracker - NE Special (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:37:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Election Tracker - NE Special (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election Tracker - NE Special  (Read 17928 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: February 23, 2014, 11:49:49 PM »

It's unfair to every other voter in the region, including Julio, to attempt to change the result of an election after the fact by invalidating a vote. Moreover, it might even be illegal per the Vote Sanctity Act; it may not a clear case, but it's certainly an interesting one.

I don't see any way that law could be interpreted to apply to this.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 12:09:29 AM »

It's unfair to every other voter in the region, including Julio, to attempt to change the result of an election after the fact by invalidating a vote. Moreover, it might even be illegal per the Vote Sanctity Act; it may not a clear case, but it's certainly an interesting one.

I don't see any way that law could be interpreted to apply to this.

"It shall be a crime against the Republic of Atlasia for any citizen to instruct or encourage a voter who has already cast his or her ballot to take an action that would have the effect of invalidating the ballot."

"The instruction or encouragement of a voter shall be interpreted to include any action which indicates the possibility of invalidating a vote to affect a federal election."

Nowhere in the law does it say that the voter and the instructor cannot be the same person. And, frankly, it doesn't make much sense to punish someone for encouraging someone else to invalidate a vote but not for editing their own vote to achieve the same end.

It does when you consider what led to the law in the first place was people feeling pressured by other people to invalidate their votes.  It is a prevention against voter intimidation, not something  to limit what people can do with their own vote.  Are we really going to have draconian punishments for people for spoiling their own ballots?    Who even does that?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 12:53:29 AM »

Well, guys, I want to apologise because it was an awful idea editing my vote. I feel sorry because I might have provoked a little drama and that wasn't my intention. I think it's better if I de-register myself as an Atlasian citizen for a couple of months, as a sort of self-punishment Wink

I wish you hadn't - it's six months before you can register again.   The attempt made to shame you tonight was awful.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 12:58:36 AM »

Well, guys, I want to apologise because it was an awful idea editing my vote. I feel sorry because I might have provoked a little drama and that wasn't my intention. I think it's better if I de-register myself as an Atlasian citizen for a couple of months, as a sort of self-punishment Wink

I wish you hadn't - it's six months before you can register again.   The attempt made to shame you tonight was awful.

2 months, so he's right. Don't feed him blatantly false information and your fake sympathy. Roll Eyes

Thanks again Mr Eyerolls for your wonderful contribution of eyerolls.  It will be noted in the Book of Life in Eyeroll Heaven.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 10:09:13 AM »

The way Velacso is being treated here for trying to neutralize the invalidation of Julio's vote really does not reflect well on this place.  Since deregistration is about to be made illegal, I guess I'll have to make up my mind soon.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 11:09:08 AM »

The way Velacso is being treated here for trying to neutralize the invalidation of Julio's vote really does not reflect well on this place.  Since deregistration is about to be made illegal, I guess I'll have to make up my mind soon.
Julio's vote was definitely made to be invalid, Julio is someone who is no longer active and just wanted to be vengeful towards TNF because TNF didn't actually support Lundergan Grimes. He exactly knew that his vote would be declared invalid, and I'm a bit surprised to see Homelycooking going to valid his vote. I will probably file a lawsuit if he did that, because this vote can't be considered as valid.

What Velasco has done is just well intentionned but stupid, and if a Federalist have done that shua, you wouldn't probably say that.
So some Laborites being pissed off are completely understandable.

At least you recognize that what Velasco did was well-intentioned.  I never claimed it was a good idea.

The fact that some truly vile shenanigans have been attempted by the right recently doesn't make me feel any better about the atmosphere here, obviously
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 09:54:21 PM »

last update for today:

First Round

28 Lumine (Dereich, PiT, DC Al Fine, Jack Enderman, Hagrid, Kreitzer, Cris, Mordecai, Riley Keaton, Reaganfan, NHI, MasterJedi, Oldiesfreak, outofbox6, Hifly, Scott, indyTX, butafly, Yeahsayyeah, SWE, Lumine, GAworth, Superique, MATTROSE94, TDAS04, Flo, Frodo, sjoyce)
22 Adam Griffin (Hashemite, Xahar, Talleyrand, Mr. X, TNF, Snowguy, badgate, windjammer, Snowstalker, bore, hawkeye59, adam obawesomebiberg, Nix, Antonio, Marokai, sirnick, DemPGH, Nathan, Icehand Gino, Brewer, rejectamenta, TheCranberry)
10 Poirot (Kalwejt, Deus, Spiral, shua, Small L, Lief, homely, Supersonic, ZuWo, Grumps)
1 *Franzl (Franzl)

Final Round

35 Lumine (Kalwejt, Deus, Spiral, shua, Small L, Dereich, PiT, DC Al Fine, Jack Enderman, Hagrid, Kreitzer, Cris, Mordecai, Riley Keaton, Reaganfan, NHI, MasterJedi, Oldiesfreak, outofbox6, Hifly, Scott, indyTX, butafly, Yeahsayyeah, SWE, Lumine, GAworth, Superique, MATTROSE94, TDAS04, Flo, Frodo, sjoyce, Supersonic, ZuWo)
26 Adam Griffin (Hashemite, Xahar, Franzl, Talleyrand, Mr. X, TNF, Snowguy, badgate, windjammer, Snowstalker, bore, hawkeye59, adam obawesomebiberg, Nix, Antonio, Marokai, sirnick, DemPGH, Nathan, Icehand Gino, Brewer, Lief, rejectamenta, TheCranberry, homely, Grumps)

Hypotheticals

42 Lumine (Dereich, PiT, DC Al Fine, Jack Enderman, Hagrid, Kreitzer, Cris, Mordecai, Riley Keaton, Reaganfan, NHI, MasterJedi, Oldiesfreak, outofbox6, Hifly, Talleyrand, Mr. X, badgate, windjammer, hawkeye59, adam obawesomebiberg, Nix, Antonio, Marokai, sirnick, Nathan, Icehand Gino, Brewer, Scott, indyTX, butafly, Yeahsayyeah, SWE, Lumine, GAworth, Superique, MATTROSE94, TDAS04, Flo, TheCranberry, Frodo, sjoyce)
11 Poirot (Kalwejt, Deus, Spiral, shua, Small L, bore, Lief, homely, Supersonic, ZuWo, Grumps)
8 exhausted (Franzl, Hashemite, Xahar, TNF, Snowguy, Snowstalker, DemPGH, rejectamenta)

30 Adam Griffin (Hashemite, Xahar, Franzl, Riley Keaton, Talleyrand, Mr. X, TNF, Snowguy, badgate, windjammer, Snowstalker, bore, hawkeye59, adam obawesomebiberg, Nix, Antonio, Marokai, sirnick, DemPGH, Nathan, Icehand Gino, Brewer, rejectamenta, Scott, Yeahsayyeah, GAworth, MATTROSE94, TheCranberry, Flo, sjoyce)
28 Poirot (Kalwejt, Deus, Spiral, shua, Small L, Dereich, PiT, DC Al Fine, Jack Enderman, Hagrid, Kreitzer, Cris, Mordecai, Reaganfan, NHI, MasterJedi, Oldiesfreak, outofbox6, Lief, indyTX, SWE, Lumine, Superique, homely, Supersonic, ZuWo, Grumps, Frodo)
3 exhausted (Hifly, butafly, TDAS04)

last vote counted: HIFLY

+7 Lumine:  Sanchez, Fritz, JerryAR, Cassius, Oak Hills, Spamage, Goldwater = 35
+4 Poirot: ElectionsGuy, Torie, Hatman, cinyc = 14
+4 AdamGriffin: Zanas, Njall, Ebowed, Arturo =26

round 2
Lumine: 35 + 3 = 38 (+ElectionsGuy, Torie, cinyc)
AdamGriffin: 26+ 1 = 27 (+Hatman)

last voter= Goldwater

(The previous round 2 and the current round 1 totals just happen to coincide at the moment.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies