Nancy Pelosi's successor? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:38:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Nancy Pelosi's successor? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi's successor?  (Read 8347 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: May 27, 2017, 04:57:32 PM »

Here's the sad thing - I can't think of one person in the house who would be good for that role. I imagined Chris Van Hollen would take it, and now he's a Senator. I then imagined Xavier Beccerra, and now he's Cali Attorney General. God damn it CAN NOT be Steny Hoyer, so who?

lol Clyburn. I genuinely do not think Tim Ryan is up to the job. Until his recent endorsement of Fake Democrats in New York, I kind of liked the prospect of Speaker Ellison. Crowley is awful, Richard Neal strikes me as a random liberal white dude.

Dark horse prospect - I like John Yarmuth of Kentucky. He's strong on a lot of issues that grassroots progressives care about, he's from a state where there are people that Democrats just need to understand better, seems like a hard worker. I'm not sure of how much of a speaker he could be, but I think he'd be a good face to put on the national stage.

My list now:

1. John Yarmuth
2. Keith Ellison
3. Tim Ryan

Anyone else is kind of disappointing even CONSIDERING that Nancy Pelosi sounds worse and worse every day.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 06:02:22 PM »

Roughly geographically, it's time for a Democratic leader from either the Northeast or the South-

Pelosi (West)
Gephardt (Midwest)
Foley (West)
Wright (South)
O'Neill (Northeast)
Albert (South)
McCormack (Northeast)
Rayburn (South)

ahhh yeah the tars are aligning for Yarmuth.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies