NE3: Restoration of the Arts Amendment (Signed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:36:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE3: Restoration of the Arts Amendment (Signed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE3: Restoration of the Arts Amendment (Signed)  (Read 1375 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: March 07, 2015, 02:51:07 AM »
« edited: March 14, 2015, 01:33:05 AM by Speaker Blair »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]

Sponsor: Governor Sawx, you have 36 hours to advocate for this bill
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 03:24:44 AM »

This act is an improvement, that's clear. And I think it actually adds something rather than just repealing the Act altogether
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 04:09:07 PM »

By that logic isn't all schooling indoctrination? We got the same christian songs pumped into us every day,yet I'm a devout atheist
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 02:00:53 AM »

By that logic isn't all schooling indoctrination? We got the same christian songs pumped into us every day,yet I'm a devout atheist

Mr. Speaker, you can hardly compare the legitimate teaching of mathematics, biology, chemistry, history, political science, legitimate music classes, physical education, computer classes, English, French, Spanish, geography, health and wellness,  mechanics, home economics, etc., etc., etc., to songs hand picked by politicians to be blasted at students even though their parents may have, and many no doubt will find objectionable for their children to be forced to listen to.

As a matter of fact, this bill is just begging for children's parents to take legal action against the government for infringing on their ethnic or religious beliefs.

The original bill should obviously be overturned and this bill should be tabled.

It's not going to be blasted at them-that's pure rhetoric. It's just the same as any other school music situation. It already exists in schools.

Which song infringes on ethnic or religious beliefs? Schools are already a cesspit of murky legal action based on rather weak claims
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 02:14:18 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2015, 02:17:43 PM by Speaker Blair »

Playing of the same songs over and over and over and over and over to students is in fact a form of propaganda indoctrination.

So you'd support a bill to ban all songs from school?

I don't see anything wrong with preaching equality, peace and progress in school. Do you?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 05:44:12 PM »

Playing of the same songs over and over and over and over and over to students is in fact a form of propaganda indoctrination.

So you'd support a bill to ban all songs from school?

I don't see anything wrong with preaching equality, peace and progress in school. Do you?

Mr. Speaker, get your mind beyond the songs themselves.  Although, as I have said, no matter what songs you have, they will be offensive or objectionable to certain ethnicities or faiths.

The real issue here is the high handed manner and the arrogant attitude that the Northeast government has that they presumably have the right and the authority to dictate to our schools the music they have to, indeed they are forced to listen to.

This whole concept is bizarre and just plain silly.

And by the way, we have to get rid of the original obscene monstrosity.

How anyone could dream up such an offensive bill, let alone pass it is beyond me.

The Assembly understands your passion, and resolves for repealing the original bill.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 08:18:28 AM »

We've appeared to reach an blocking point here, unless anybody wants to extend the debate should we open it up for a vote?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 02:48:23 PM »

Just get on with the vote on the amended bill.

Let's vote on the amended version of this bill now.  If the amended version passes, then it replaces the original bill.  

Quite simple.  

I understand how it works. I just didn't want to be accused of rushing through debate whilst there's still unresolved issues on the bill.

Voting is now open, all members have 48 hours to vote. Please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 01:55:41 AM »

Aye
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 11:47:53 AM »

By 2-1 this bill has passed the Assembly, and will now be passed onto the Governor to sign
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies