Democracy, Republican style
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:52:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Democracy, Republican style
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democracy, Republican style  (Read 896 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 16, 2011, 05:15:32 AM »
« edited: October 16, 2011, 05:55:12 AM by Landslide Lyndon »

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2011/10/15/quote_of_the_day.html

"Make a list... Call them and ask them, 'Are you going to vote on Issue 2 and are you going to vote for it?' If they say no, well, you just make sure that they don't go vote. Let the air out of their tires on election day. Tell them the election has been moved to a different date. That's up to you how you creatively get the job done."

-- Mike Huckabee, quoted by the Cincinnati Enquirer, urging supporters of a law limiting collective bargaining for public employees to stop opponents from voting.

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 05:23:17 AM »

Well if we just had less people voting, we'd have a smarter electorate!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 05:34:43 AM »

"Make a list... Call them and ask them, 'Are you going to vote on Issue 2 and are you going to vote for it?' If they say no, well, you just make sure that they don't go vote. Let the air out of their tires on election day. Tell them the election has been moved to a different date. That's up to you how you creatively get the job done."

-- Mike Huckabee, quoted by the Cincinnati Enquirer, urging supporters of a law limiting collective bargaining for public employees to stop opponents from voting.

Cite?
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 08:24:12 AM »

The Florida 2000 strategy.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 08:25:41 AM »

And literacy tests, of course!
Link
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 08:30:39 AM »

Cite?

I put "Let the air out of their tires on election day" into the Google machine and got over a million hits.  I went through the first four pages of links and all of them were quoting Huckabee.

Google is free for everyone.  No fees, that I'm aware of.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 09:07:57 AM »

Cite?

I put "Let the air out of their tires on election day" into the Google machine and got over a million hits.  I went through the first four pages of links and all of them were quoting Huckabee.

Google is free for everyone.  No fees, that I'm aware of.

Sorry that I'm used to an author having a readily available link in their first post instead of just having said author post the news story and then make the reader look for it on their own Mr. Civility.

Even you, well known for your nice and friendly behavior, have the decency to usually have a source available for people to read.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 09:25:53 AM »

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2011/10/15/quote_of_the_day.html

Doesn't really surprise me.  After all Huckabee is the picture definition of a "Statist tool".
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 04:42:40 PM »

And literacy tests, of course!

Agree, but such a strategy would backfire upon the Republicans.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 07:53:06 PM »

He wasn't talking about calling up random people. He was talking about friends and family of the supporters there. 
Could he have possibly not been completely serious?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 02:06:17 PM »

It was a joke, but an INCREDIBLY stupid and insensitive joke to make... he goes way too over the top sometimes.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 04:20:16 PM »

Lol, implying Democrats care any more about democracy when it comes to getting what they want.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 12:58:47 AM »

Lol, implying Democrats care any more about democracy when it comes to getting what they want.

It was interesting when I took my campaign strategies class how both sides try to either only bring out their side or to minimize votes from the other side.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies