North Korea says it will stage nuke test (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:38:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  North Korea says it will stage nuke test (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: North Korea says it will stage nuke test  (Read 2491 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: October 03, 2006, 04:17:08 PM »

So… Bush told us the enemy was the Axis of Evil consisting of Iraq, Iran, and North Korea.  Bush invaded the weakest link while allowing the most dangerous parts to further develop and share WMD.

Maybe Bush just told us about the Axis of Evil to annunciate his future failures.

^^^^
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 05:30:50 PM »

Conservatives first block a negotiation that would have stopped North Korea from building nukes.

Then they use the fact that North Korea has nukes as a reason for warmongering.

This storyline always ends with thousands of people dead.

Where is the love, people?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 05:44:04 PM »

They have no in flight refueling capability. Check out the range of their interceptor aircraft. I am not arguing that they SHOULD NOT have the capability to attack North Korea (or China, for that matter) I am only saying that they DO NOT. I have seen their ships and they are impressive but they have no true capital ships. That is why the USS Kitty Hawk is homeported there. As I said, they need to change their constitution and rearm. BTW, they have ZERO amphibious capability so anything equipment they have stays on the home islands.

Have you served in the military, NewFederalist?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 05:47:51 PM »

They have no in flight refueling capability. Check out the range of their interceptor aircraft. I am not arguing that they SHOULD NOT have the capability to attack North Korea (or China, for that matter) I am only saying that they DO NOT. I have seen their ships and they are impressive but they have no true capital ships. That is why the USS Kitty Hawk is homeported there. As I said, they need to change their constitution and rearm. BTW, they have ZERO amphibious capability so anything equipment they have stays on the home islands.

Have you served in the military, NewFederalist?

33 years in the Navy. Retired in 2003.

Congrats man. What I know about the Navy comes from reading Jane's Fighting Ships Tongue
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 01:43:58 PM »

That is also why we need to tell the Japanese to re-write their U.S. imposed constitution to allow them to rearm. Then we need to give them a timetable as to when we plan to withdraw from their region and let them figure it all out.

I tend to agree although I have some reservations. The Japanese are very talented technically. I would hate to think of them devoting that talent to building a powerful high tech military. Pearl Harbor wasn't that long ago.

With their rapidly declining population they have to make their move soon or it really won't matter.

The population is not "rapidly declining"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies