Schoolgirls forced to strip to underwear in front of boys for PE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:31:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Schoolgirls forced to strip to underwear in front of boys for PE  (Read 7948 times)
David S
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 03, 2006, 12:53:52 PM »

This happened in public school in the UK

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23369155-details/Schoolgirls+forced+to+strip+to+underwear+in++front+of+boys+for+PE/article.do

Parents staged an angry protest after their young daughters were forced to strip to their underwear in front of boys at school.

The girls, aged ten and 11, were left in tears after being ordered to change for PE in a mixed classroom under a school policy blamed on health and safety regulations.

The headmistress of Hillside School in Baddeley Green, Stoke-on-Trent, said the children had to get changed together as there were not enough teachers to supervise them separately.

But furious mother Dawn Bedford said her ten-year-old daughter Sam was reduced tears by the rules.

"The regulations are ridiculous,' she said. "The girls have always changed separately. No one has ever been hurt."

Sam, who had a perfect school record, was excluded for two days because she refused to get changed for after-school football practice with boys watching.

She pulled her PE bag out of a teacher's hand and ran off to the girls' toilets to change. The school says the teacher was assaulted verbally and physically.

Mrs Bedford said: "Sam was embarrassed and distressed because the boys kept looking at her and making comments. She is now wearing her first bra and taking sex education lessons.

"This is a very sensitive time for girls. Don't the teachers realise how difficult it is? Girls were trying to hide under a table so boys could not see them. It is disgusting."

Sam added: "The boys kept looking at me. I was embarrassed so I went to the toilets. But the teacher tried to take me back to the classroom with the boys."

Headmistress Suzanne Foster has now relented following a petition from 50 parents. She refused to comment on her safety concerns but said: "The situation has now been resolved and the children are changing in separate areas."

In a statement to parents, she said: "The arrangements started this term purely for health and safety reasons. I cannot have unsupervised children at school."

The Department for Education said: "It is up to the head to decide what happens when children are changing for PE. It is a matter of personal discretion."

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 02:12:10 PM »

Wow, that's really pathetic. There's always somebody in the school that's doing nothing so they could get that person to "supervise" which doesn't need to be done anyway. Or bring in a damn parent, God.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 07:27:37 AM »

Sometimes you just have to scratch your head and wonder what other people are thinking.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 01:00:33 AM »

I don't see why there should be a teacher supervising the changing of the pupils at all.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 01:16:10 AM »

*waits for opebo to show up and complain that the previous forumites hate freedom*
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 10:49:02 AM »

*waits for opebo to show up and complain that the previous forumites hate freedom*

The word "prude" will likely appear also.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 01:48:52 PM »

I feel bad for being happy it didn't happen in the US.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 04:52:22 PM »

I don't see why there should be a teacher supervising the changing of the pupils at all.

They're 10 and 11 years old, they'll stall for as much time to not be in class as possible.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies