Government Proposal Discussion: Presidential Universalism (Closed)

(1/2) > >>

Purple State:
This thread is for the discussion of ideas relating to the Presidential Universalism proposal for the new government.

Basic Characteristics
President & Vice President, and Senate (at least partially elected by the regions)
All citizens are a member of a Lower House with an elected Speaker
Governors would be members of the lower house but ineligible for the upper house
Cabinet members would come from the lower house

Discussion shall last no less than 48 hours and no more than 240 hours (10 days) unless there is continued and productive discussion.

At the conclusion of debate there will be a vote in a separate thread to choose which models of government shall be pursued by the Convention. Please visit the other Government Proposal Discussion threads and comment on those as well.

Franzl:
Doesn't sound like it really reforms much to me....except for allowing universal membership of a "lower house".

I don't personally like the idea much of keeping the overall structure so similar to its current form.

ilikeverin:
Me neither.

Purple State:
Quote from: Senator Franzl on March 26, 2009, 06:26:47 AM

Doesn't sound like it really reforms much to me....except for allowing universal membership of a "lower house".

I don't personally like the idea much of keeping the overall structure so similar to its current form.

And this is basically just adding an appendage to the current system and hoping that will help. Not a fan of this form.

MaxQue:
This system looks looks like a old house, but we fix it by putting a bandage on the cracks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page