Trump Suggests 'Second Amendment People' Could Act Against Clinton (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:23:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump Suggests 'Second Amendment People' Could Act Against Clinton (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump Suggests 'Second Amendment People' Could Act Against Clinton  (Read 8329 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: August 09, 2016, 05:41:30 PM »

I just don't think that, whether it was a stupid pro-2A argument or an even dumber joke, it warrants the WORST PERSON EVER outrage in this thread.

It's this and the sum of his other comments and behavior that really warrants the responses. That one comment alone may not be the worst but when you factor in everything else Trump has said and done, really, people are not being unreasonable.

You don't have to downplay everything Trump says.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 04:44:54 PM »

Personally, I actually do think that Trump didn't mean to mean what he said and I do buy that what he was supposed to say, "but second amendment people, you can do something about that by electing me" which was garbled because he is an unscripted moron.

But here's the thing, all Trump has to do is say "I misspoke, I meant to say _______,  I do not condone any violence against Hillary Clinton" (see that Trump, you didn't even have to apologize!) but he refuses to admit that he makes ANY mistakes. Instead we're just treated to a week-long press cycle where the press goes after him, his surrogates put out a bunch of different and conflicting defenses, and all he does is deny deny deny and yell at people on twitter.

If you meant "supposed to say, but mouth said the opposite of what brain thought", then maybe. However, Trump's words were implying after she was elected. This has been gone over quite a bit in the news now. I think the more plausible "pro-Trump" explanation here is that he meant exactly what the media is saying, except that he didn't think it was a big deal and wasn't joking, but wasn't really serious either. In other words, he just said whatever crap came to mind and then moved on, as he usually does. This is Trump's M.O. - He just says whatever pops into his head.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies