VOTE Akno21 for Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 04:35:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  VOTE Akno21 for Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VOTE Akno21 for Senate  (Read 686 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 20, 2004, 09:00:27 AM »

Today, the torch of Democracy will be lit once more. People of District 2, rich and poor, large and small, will have the opportunity to take part in the most basic and crucial responsibility of democracy.

I want you to re-elect Akno21 to the Senate. I care about the average person. I have fought to keep guns off the streets. I want all our children to have a quality education.

Throughout my tour of the district, and in general life, I was struck by many things. As I pass by, through Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Pennslyvania, New Jersey, and Delaware, I saw many impovershed places. Many homes and schools and public facilities seemed on the verge of breaking down. Obviously, something needs to be done about that. But more importantly, we need to shed the notion that poor people don't deserve aid because they are unable to provide for themselves. Many of these people, several of whom I talked to, didn't recieve a quality education. That severely limits what job they can get. And if you don't have enough money, you can't move to a more affluent reigon.

If you have a good education, everything else falls in place. If you don't, it severly limits what you can do in life. That is why we must increase the number of computers in schools. We must provide up to date textbooks to every school district, not just those in the affuent suburbs, but those in the inner-cities or those out in vast farmlands in rural areas. If you think the cost of education is high, you should consider the cost of ignorance.

When I went out of my car to buy a donut and coffee, in a small, poverty stricken town, I noticed something. the people were friendly, they were kind. I asked where the nearest coffee shop was, they answered. My point is, these people are just as good as people in the suburbs, people in fancy apartments, and the poor impovershed people of Atlasia have the same rights as those who are well-off. They aren't bad people, just because they are unable to get a job, or the one they have doesn't pay enough.

I will help to bring hope to everybody, not just those who already have it. It all starts with a decent education. Together, with people and the government working togehter, we can help others. After all, that is job of government, that is what I have done, and that is what I plan to do more of, if you, the good people of District 2, re-elect me to the Senate.

Thank you. Have a great day, and God Bless every one of you.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies