Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:00:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 118151 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 08, 2016, 01:29:22 PM »

Today at work (county courthouse), in the parking lot, there was a big pickup truck displaying a huge Confederate flag (next to a tiny US flag).

In South Dakota?

Rebel flags in northern, even liberal, states are of little surprise.
Yeah, I saw more than enough of them in central PA.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 01:44:33 PM »

I'm currently waiting to here back from the guy who works at the Trump Campaign on how I can phonebank for Trump in swing states.

It's surprisingly fun, actually. I'd recommend it (if you don't hear back, try hillary Wink)
Ugh, I hated it. Calling for Dems in central PA was an anxious and occasionally tense affair. Door to door saw less of that, especially when they noticed we were young, but not none. I much preferred database work, answering phone calls, voter reg, helping those that entered the office, GOTV etc.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 07:31:37 AM »

After I take a big exam this morning, I can finally switch focus to the fact that I begin teaching my first college class tomorrow! With as recently as I was on the other side of the classroom, it's hard to believe that a University is going to entrust actual students to me. It's gonna be a bumpy ride settling in, but I'm excited to start what is hopefully a long road.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 02:20:10 PM »

After I take a big exam this morning, I can finally switch focus to the fact that I begin teaching my first college class tomorrow! With as recently as I was on the other side of the classroom, it's hard to believe that a University is going to entrust actual students to me. It's gonna be a bumpy ride settling in, but I'm excited to start what is hopefully a long road.

wow, what subject?
It's just introductory Latin, but that's where they always start off the grad students when they get a couple years in. But I know it a lot better than Greek, so it's a comfortable place to start and the class is pretty small, so I'll be able to learn the ropes without causing too much trouble.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies