Office of HagridOfTheDeep (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:58:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of HagridOfTheDeep (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of HagridOfTheDeep  (Read 2165 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: January 27, 2015, 01:54:40 PM »

I think it goes without saying that I plan to vote for Yankee, but you're still cool. Good luck with your campaign.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 11:51:24 PM »

Hagrid, you have a job to do that was entrusted to you by the President and the Senate. Likewise, we all are trusted to have a certain amount of maturity by our participation here. You, me, Yankee, everyone. Losing is a part of the game, and one that most everyone who runs will eventually experience. Regardless of what some people say or do, you have to do your job.

To sacrifice that to "stay out of the fray" is hardly respectful and quite frankly infantilizing. We're big people here. We can handle losses and setbacks, and anybody who can't should consider getting out of the kitchen before it gets too hot. Celebrating wins is the least of what happens, and we don't need prominent politicans ducking out over a few post-election comments.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 09:05:53 PM »

It's fair enough that you didn't want to talk endlessly about your win, but you could have simply come out and said that immediately. I didn't mean to imply that the job you did was inadequate, but rather that I think disappearing in order to duck the commentary isn't an altogether appropriate reaction.

Regardless, that is in the past and I do agree that we need to re-evaluate our expectations for many cabinet positions, including SoIA. I remember a time when we suffered through several underperforming GMs and when we didn't even have the position following very poor performance by its incumbents, so I am confident that every position can be consistently active and productive if we are willing to put the effort into making that happen.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies