Thirteen names on McCain's running mate list... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:30:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Thirteen names on McCain's running mate list... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thirteen names on McCain's running mate list...  (Read 3111 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: April 04, 2008, 04:55:31 PM »

Former Governor Haley Barbour?

Paul Ryan is an interesting choice. Young, very good geography, relatively good looking, solid with the base. If McCain wants to balance the ticket, that's the way to do it.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 05:17:56 PM »

Texas Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison - A+ pick.  No major issues on the issues and a woman to boot.  Only thing I can think of as a draw back is age.  If Obama gets the nomination Texas is a lock for the GOP for day 1 (as opposed to week 1, which is the norm) so I don't see much help there, but geography is less a factor in choosing a VP these days.  Point is, if McCain dies Hutchison can take over in a second.

I deleted a much snarkier comment, so let me just say this: she's not going to make the ticket look any younger or more dynamic.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 10:55:20 AM »

And if this is real and Steele is actually on it then McCain is even dumber than originally thought.

He needs to make the list look diverse even if some candidates aren't seriously in consideration.

Gore had Jeanne Shaheen on his leaked short list because he needed a woman and someone not from Washington, but no one thought that was going to happen.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies