Allard: No third term (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:11:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Allard: No third term (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Allard: No third term  (Read 4860 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: January 15, 2007, 03:07:45 PM »

Something tells me either Owens or Tancredo will change there mind now
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 03:20:18 PM »

Your right, Tom Tancredo will be too busy being president to run for Senate Smiley

Tom Tancredo should have a shrine dedicated to him, he is the most forthright and amazing American politician in history
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 04:24:02 PM »

Tom Tancredo should have a shrine dedicated to him, he is the most forthright and amazing American politician in history

To get an idea for how posts like that seem to other people, imagine if another poster had said the following:

"Dennis Kucinich should have a shrine dedicated to him, he is the most forthright and amazing American politician in history"

I'm not saying that your views need to necessarily gain other peoples' respect; I just want you to hopefully see how they come across to mainstream folk.

In case no one noticed, my love for Tancredo was being exaggerated
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 04:39:00 PM »

I fear this race would only serve as a good opportunity to rid ourselves of either Musgrave or Tancredo.

You better watch your words, or you might find DWTL with a pickax at your door... Tongue

Plus immediatley change your party affiliation Smiley

IF the immigration debate heats up more, and IF Tancredo can paint himself as sane, I see him making this race a tossup till the bitter end.  It's way to far out to definitivley count Tancredo out, who thought Sherrod Brown would be Ohio's next senator in January 2005?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 07:34:54 PM »

It's way to far out to definitivley count Tancredo out, who thought Sherrod Brown would be Ohio's next senator in January 2005?

Well, no one did, b/c in January 2005 Sherrod Brown had not even announced his candidacy.

And nor has Tancredo announced his candidacy for this seat.  That was what he was getting at.

Not only that, but my major point is it is impossible to definitivley call a race almost 2 years beforehand
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 09:44:03 PM »

The Tancredo:Brown comparison is pretty ridiculous since Brown's pet issue, fighting unfair free trade deals and preserving jobs at home, is exactly the type of thing that plays very well in Ohio. The same is not true of Tancredo's, even if Coloradans don't like illegal immigration, it's unlikely the majority share his insane views (and if you think they do, give my congratulations to Rep. Randy Graf). Brown also isn't anywhere near as gaffe-prone (did he ever compare a major US city to a third world country?) and benefited greatly from the toxic political climate for Republicans, doubled in Ohio thanks to Bob Taft.

Oh yeah, you can bet with Tancredo as the nominee Hispanic turnout isn't going to be low, and we all know how they're going to be voting.

You seem to be confused as many Hispanics share Tancredo's view on immigartion, especially those who came here legally and feel cheated
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies