DRA stuff (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 01:54:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  DRA stuff (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DRA stuff  (Read 34046 times)
catographer
Megameow
United States
« on: October 03, 2017, 08:54:05 PM »

Not quite sure if this is the best place to put it...but I think DRA is getting 2016 data added very slowly:

I'm not sure if any other state besides GA has it yet. But if they are all going to get it, then this is really going to help in the future.

Now I won't have to guesstimate how 2016 would look with my own lines. Cheesy
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 04:02:34 PM »

Made an ungerrymandered, nonpartisan redistricting in Ohio using DRA. The current gerrymandered map has 3 safe blue districts, whereas the rest are essentially safe red. This map changes things up and creates a more representation, competitive map.

We have two very safe blue districts: the 3rd in Columbus, and the 11th in Cleveland. Then one mostly safe blue: the 5th around Toledo.

There are 7 very safe red districts: suburban and rural 2nd east of Cincinnati; rural 4th in the northwest; rural 6th along WV border; blue collar and rural 7th around Canton; rural and suburban 8th north of Cincinnati; the 12th and 15th, which surround Columbus.

Finally, there are 6 competitive districts. The 1st in Cincinnati is Light Blue, and Obama and Clinton won it very easily. 10th is Light Red, around Dayton; Obama almost won it, and Clinton was competitive. The 9th and 14th flank Cleveland, and Obama won both of them; 9th he won comfortably, and but the 14th only narrowly; the 14th was won handily by Trump. The 13th (Youngstown) and 16th (Akron) are interesting, because Obama won both very easily, however Trump's massive gains with WWC and non-college educated whites led him to carry these two with ease; averaging out 2012 and 2016, these two are essentially EVEN districts.

This map better reflects Ohio's competitive nature (Obama and McCain each won 8 districts in a very close state) and also Ohio's recent red tilt (GOP has 10 favorable PVIs, compared to Dems 6).
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 10:51:43 PM »

On the topic of Oregon, may I interest you guys in a redistricted Oregon that preserves county lines and removes the ugly 5th?

One very safe blue district (Portland/Multnomah county). One tossup district (south Portland suburbs and Salem), one safe red district (rural Oregon, including Medford and CA-border). Two light blue districts, the 1st anchored in western Portland suburbs and the northwestern coast, and the 4th anchored in Eugene and Bend.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 01:46:37 AM »

*ALERT* Michigan is up now! Cheesy
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 09:46:49 PM »

Extreme but surprisingly not ugly Maryland Republican Gerrymander I made:

catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 06:31:11 PM »

Extreme but surprisingly not ugly Maryland Republican Gerrymander I made:

I just yesterday made a redrawn Maryland that I need to upload it’s crazy what I was able to do. Spoiler it’s a 5-2-1 map or a 5-3 map.

5-3 Republican advantage? haha that must look crazy. can't wait to see it!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies